Rock Art Brewery VS Corporate Energy Drink

Started by NayPalm, October 20, 2009, 11:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naypalm

This video seemed interesting. A Vermont based brewery that produced a beer called the "VerMonster" was given a cease and desist back in September from the energy drink company "Monster" just because monster was in the beer's name. Another example of of how big corporations are able to push around the little guy and/or put them out of business. Makes me glad I never bought monster in the first place and I'll never do so in the future..

Watch the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbG_woqXTeg

naypalm

:?:

TechJeeper

I was dumbfounded when I read that and then watched the movie.

On another note, he needs to make it so you can order his beer on his website, vermonster sounds amazing.

LPM606

I think I will follow-up and send an e-mail to Monster energy drink telling them they are completelly, ridiculously, out of line.  

I don't know about the Vermoster though... Most beers at 10% ABV tend to tast like a beer with vodka poured in it - yuk!  But, I did just have A Belgian tripel at a microbrewery in Erie, PA that was 13.6% ABV that was actually really good.

Paul Hittie

I'm with Ed - anything above 7-8% starts to taste like an ethanol blend, but I'll try anything once!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm