NOSILLA and family in accident on way back from Badlands

Started by Anonymous, August 19, 2007, 06:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Got word from Chris a few minutes ago that Neil and his family rolled their Jeeps just south of the Michigan border on the way home tonite.  It is my understanding that a wheel came loose from one of them and caused the TJ to literally go over the Grand Cherokee.  Neil is shaken up but okay, Rachael was complaining of neck pain and headaches and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.  Both Cody and Allison are okay but went to the hospital with Rachael as a precaution.

Don't know much else other than Chris and others are on the scene helping to pick up Neil's stuff and do whatever else is needed.  I'll post what I know as I hear it.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!

94_xj_country

hope all are okay, keep us posted mel
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

astrogiblet

Oh my god. All weekend Neil was saying that his one major fear is rolling his Jeep.

-Brandon

alipotter46

I just talked with Neil, everyone is ok.  Thanks to the club members that are there to help him and his family.  He said he would call if anything came up.  He thinks both vehicals are totalled.  If anybody hears anything keep everyone posted. Thanks Alice

94_xj_country

Quote from: "alipotter46"I just talked with Neil, everyone is ok.  Thanks to the club members that are there to help him and his family.  He said he would call if anything came up.  He thinks both vehicals are totalled.  If anybody hears anything keep everyone posted. Thanks Alice

that sucks, hows his insurance? how'd rachel turn out?

astrogiblet

I talked to Cody and Matt, they were unaware anything happened.

-Brandon

Anonymous

sorry for the cut and paste from GL, but this is easier than typing the same stuff in three places!!  I am pleased to report that:  

Chris just called in and indicated that Rachael is fine; no broken bones or any other serious issues. She will be mighty sore for a while, but I guess that's expected. Both kids are fine as well--Cody has a nice seat belt rash on his neck, and Allison had to have the glass shards vacuumed from her hair (the joys of having thick hair, I guess.) Neil is also undergoing a quick "once over" at the hospital now as a precaution just to be on the safe side. I'm sure that once the initial shock of the incident wore off and he knew his wife and kids were on their way to medical attention, he realized that he may need to be checked out as well.

They hope to have everyone released from the hospital in the next hour or so then finally off to home. What an adventure, to say the least.

Thanks again for your positive vibes and well wishes! I know I'll be glad once the circus is home safe and sound!

TechJeeper

My prayers go out to Neil and the family, even though they are ok, I will still thank god for looking over them before I go to bed tonight.  I ended up going ahead of them, I was getting a bad shake at 60 and not to mention I was starting to dooze off at the wheel.  I stopped at the first rest area into MI to take a break and get some air so I wouldnt fall asleep and remember thinking to myself, "hmmm they havnt passed us yet..." and I was about to call neil then figured they would let us know if something happened...  We got back around flint and I get a call from Brandon.  I apologzie for going ahead of y'all, I feel kinda bad about it...  

I am glad to hear everyone is alright and please keep us updated.

Cody

naypalm

My thoughts are with Neil, Rachael and kids. I am very thankful you all are alright. I'm still in shock from when I got the news. It's accidents like these that give me the shivers... Thank god your all okay!

clyder

Wow, I just logged on to post pics and .... I'm just glad everybody is ok.  If there is anything Lisa and I can do for Neil and Rachel please let us know.

Thank God.

94_xj_country

i talked to chris acouple minutes ago and they were leavin the hospital, everyone was alright, i hear the rigs, didnt look to good though. i cant think of anyone less deserving of such a wreck, its a real bummer

Anonymous

thanks again everyone for your prayers and positive vibes.  Let's make sure that we don't inadvertantly open a can of worms speculating what happened.  I'm sure once Neil has a chance to sort it all out he'll let everyone know what happened and the like.  I would hate to see our discussion somehow cloud decisions that need to be made in the future.

(sorry, I don't mean to be evasive, but if you have questions, please PM me.  I've just seen a few incidents where bulletin board discussions of incidents end up causing more harm than good down the road.)

Well, I'll make sure Chris posts when they are home so everyone will know the journey has finally ended.  Wow, what a weekend, huh?  And to think that I was irritated that Harley had a few accidents on the carpet this weekend.... :lol:

jeepfan1974

I just talked to Neil a few minutes ago.... They are all okay.....a few scratches, bumps, and bruises.  No major injuries!  They will be home soon.
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

Quote from: "PetalMel"thanks again everyone for your prayers and positive vibes.  Let's make sure that we don't inadvertantly open a can of worms speculating what happened.  I'm sure once Neil has a chance to sort it all out he'll let everyone know what happened and the like.  I would hate to see our discussion somehow cloud decisions that need to be made in the future.

(sorry, I don't mean to be evasive, but if you have questions, please PM me.  I've just seen a few incidents where bulletin board discussions of incidents end up causing more harm than good down the road.)

Well, I'll make sure Chris posts when they are home so everyone will know the journey has finally ended.  Wow, what a weekend, huh?  And to think that I was irritated that Harley had a few accidents on the carpet this weekend.... :lol:

Yea... I was trying to pick my words carefully for that reason. I was trying to let people know what I knew, but without sounding bad.

-Brandon

NewRide

Well we are all home and everyone is fine .Thank God !!!! Everyone is a bit shaking up but thats to be expected !! From what we know at this point it seems that Neils driver side hub gave way causing his Jeep to swerve making his Grand leave the road. Both Jeeps rolled and then flipped the over each other. More details will come later its late and everyone has had a busy day , but we are ALL ok !!!!
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)