I got hit by a drunk driver... ~UPDATE~

Started by TechJeeper, September 14, 2007, 02:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

Coming down court st at about 12...  some drunk [censor] came down a side ride and nailed my rear passenger side.  I think he hit right at the tire.  Right after they hit me, (it was him and his gf, both trashed, both suspended licenses) the ppl in the house they came from ran down, all of them drunk. I was afraid to call the cops because I would of pry got the shit kicked outta me, so I called my parents (I know I am a pussy) and my mom called the cops when her and my dad got there.  They were all trying to get me to not call, offering to pay for damages, give me money (which by the looks of it they didn't have).  4 of the people there got put in cop cars, only 2 were in the car that hit me.  My jeep didn't get any body damage but it did bend my rim and my breaks are dragging...  I have full coverage, so we will see tomorrow what will happen... and if something isn't covered, I might sue or something.  

So its 3am and I have to work in the morning... I am going to bed... I will keep all updated tomorrow after I make some calls

naypalm

jeeez, glad ur okay man. thatd scare the crap outta me

NewRide

As long as your ok !! Thats what matters !
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

ouchman

Quote from: "NewRide"As long as your ok !! Thats what matters !
:x  :x  :x
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Paul Hittie

Pieces and parts can be fixed or replaced, glad you are OK.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Mudviper

Glad no one got seriously hurt or damage

TechJeeper

thank you for all of your kind words, i got about 30 minutes of sleep last night... I hope they let me leave at work so I can get my insurance stuff done...

Nosilla

Sorry to hear that cody. I have those rimes and tires here if you need them. Glad your ok.

jeepfan1974

glad to hear you are ok
Let\'s go wheeling!

94_xj_country

shit glad yur alright, expected it to be worse
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

TechJeeper

thanks for all your kind words.  I filed my claim today, waiting for the report to get faxed, ect.  My jeep is up at 2TM right now, they are going to do an estimate.  I am still shook up, kinda cant believe I got hit by a drunk driver...  I think all will turn out well and I think 2TM will take care of me well.

alipotter46

I was just at 2TM and saw your jeep.  I didn't know what happen until right now.  I'm glad your ok.  Jeff at 2TM said you had it there for an insurance quote.  I wasn't sure why, but know now.

longarm

Hey Cody, glad you are ok.  We need to work on getting you a CCW Permit now.   :mrgreen:   Damn, you just finished the lift last weekend.   :x
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

astrogiblet

Wow.. when I read the title, I expected your Jeep to be totaled. Glad you made it out OK man!

Drunk drivers piss me off more then just about anyone..

-Brandon

TechJeeper

Eric from 2TM called me today.  Apparently it bent my axle shaft, blew the hub and stuff out for that wheel, bent my rim and broke a transfer case mount (i think thats what he said).  Tomorrow I shall call the insurance company with my quote.  As fun as it is driving a Mazda, I miss my jeep.  :cry: