Where can I get a CB?

Started by 4x4x4JK, June 04, 2008, 12:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4x4JK

I am looking to buy a CB but don't know where to go locally to get one.  Any advice or direction would be helpful.

Thanks.

94_xj_country

walmart and meijer both cary the cheapy cobra's. that's what ive always used and most of the club uses. for coax cables, mounts, and such go to radio shack. you can get radio's there too but they only carry the expensive big ones
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Mudviper

What area do you live in?  Just about any truck stop you find off the highway will carry CB's

TechJeeper

Cobra Ultra IV, 40 bucks at Walmart, talks out really well..

For antenna, I would recommend a Firestick 2 with Tunable Tip, in whatever length you want.  Radioshack carried the mirror mount bracket that can be used to mount the antenna to your bumper or back of your jeep. I have my bracket mounted above my rear tail light, as dose a couple other ppl on here, it works really well.

Once you get a CB, antenna and some wire, give me a shout and we can get you all tuned up.

jeepfan1974

http://www.copper.com/cart/   these guys are awesome the cb chop my old cb tech worked ordered all there stuff from them
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

For a short-term fix come see me - John recently returned one of my 3 hand-helds, so I have all 3 plus a magnetic antenna I can let you borrow too until you get a permamnent one.  They work good, just a little clumsy to use.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

longarm

Cody has the right idea.  Thats what I have.  Works like a charm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

alipotter46

I have still not found a place to mount a antenna on the JK.  I have a cheap magnet one but it doesnt stay on very well.  I also have the cheap  Cobra cb from wal-mart.

jeepfan1974

i'm sure neil and i can come up with something for ya alice
Let\'s go wheeling!

Anonymous

before you go out and buy one new, check with Chris and see if we have one lying around here you can have.  I think I picked one up at an auction cheap, but I don't know if we still have it, if it was sacrified to save another, or if it even works.  Worth a call or PM though just to find out.

4x4x4JK

Alice... I have a place that sells the mount for the JK.  I will find the link and email it to you.  

Thank you everyone for the help.

Paul Hittie

Can you send it to me too?  I think that's about the only mod I'm allowed to make to the JK!   :roll:
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

jeepfan1974

send it to me also so i can copy it  :D
Let\'s go wheeling!

4x4x4JK

Try //www.cooltechllc.com.  In the upper right corner you will find the link to the Jeep products.

jeepfan1974

we could make these teraflex ones in about 20 minutes    http://www.windrockoffroad.com/catalog/ ... nstall.pdf
Let\'s go wheeling!