Main Menu

Winch

Started by Dayglo59, April 27, 2018, 08:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayglo59

Hi guys! I am looking for a recovery winch for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Is Warn Winch a good choice or should I go for a Smittybilt?

astrogiblet

Warn is amazing, especially if you can afford their higher end USA-made stuff. I'd look for a winch with good water and dust intrusion protection. IP-68 rated if possible.

Ken

The higher end Warn Winches are the BEST if you can spend the money.  One thing you need to think about is how often are you going to use it.  Most people will only use there winch about 12 times or so.  It should be water resistant so it will work when you need it.
Ken

2014 Copper Head Jeep JK Willys Wheeler with 3 inch lift, Front E-locker, Rear Limited Slip.
Warn Wench and Bumpers. 315 tires.

Paul Hittie

Speed and reliability are what you get when you invest in a better quality winch.  I am a cheap SOB, and because like Ken said most of us only use our winches a handful of times each year, I have always been content with Chines made inexpensive winches.  Slow and not water proof, but generally reliable if you take care of them.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

StingRay66

I started with a Smittybilt 8k after a few years I went to a warn 8k with synthetic cable but the Smittybilt is still going

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace