Looking For A Good & Trustworthy Shop

Started by Herezja, October 29, 2008, 04:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

Hey All!!

I need a little help while I am still stuck in Rwanda....

Melissa (my wife), whom some of you have met, is back in Saginaw while I am finishing up my tour in Rwanda. It has been confirmed that I will be heading back to the States in January  ::woot::  Anyway, Melissa's Liberty is having a bit of a tire issue and instead of her having to fool around with it, a better solution is in my mind. We have already bought a Rusty's 2" lift for it and were waiting until I got back to install it (I like to do my own work). But since she is having some issues with the stock tires, I was figuring if there was a good shop, she could take the Liberty and have the lift installed and throw some 31" BFG M/Ts under it. It makes more sense than throwing money into another set of stock tires when the stocks are coming off anyway, right?

So I am basically looking for a good, club affiliated shop, somewhat (but doesn't have to be next door) close to Saginaw. Someplace where they will not rip her off or take advantage and still do good work.

Does anyone have a reccomendation??

Thanks!

Chris  ::Jeep::

TechJeeper

Check out Unlimited Offroad Centers in Fenton, they treat club members good.

Nosilla

My Garage is always open.  ::Jeep::

Paul Hittie

The guys up at Two Track Minds would be a shorter drive from Saginaw, Eric, Dave and the gang have supported our Jeep shows the last couple of years, although I have not taken my junk up there for work.  Unlimited Offroad in Fenton is a lot closer to me, and they are good guys too.

Neil's right - if you wife showed up with pizza and beer we could knock out the lift in an evening, then send her over to a tire shop for tires and an alignment.  You'll find the WLB labor rates for wrenching parties are cheaper than those at a professional shop!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

yea no doubt, you could pry buy the tires for the price of the labor, lol.  I like 2TM as well, they did the work on my jeep after getting hit by a DD.

Herezja

Thanks guys. I am going to let her know about your offer to help out and see what she says. I really appreciate it.

I have to say, this is a great club and I have always loved the way the Jeep community will come together for one another. Having lived out of the country for a while, I have missed that.

::Jeep::

longarm

The front end of the KJ is going to be the most trouble.  You have to remove some stuff to get at what you need.  2TM Offroad in Flushing is great.  They worked on my Jeep after the accident and did a great job.  I would go back there in a heartbeat.  Jeff and Eric are the guys I dealt with.  I don't know if your going to get 31's on there w/o some trimming.  Ed and Julie are running a small lift and bigger than stock tires on their KJ.  They would be best to ask in here.  I would think at biggest, 255/70/16, but don't quote me on that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Herezja

Quote from: "longarm"The front end of the KJ is going to be the most trouble.  You have to remove some stuff to get at what you need.  2TM Offroad in Flushing is great.  They worked on my Jeep after the accident and did a great job.  I would go back there in a heartbeat.  Jeff and Eric are the guys I dealt with.  I don't know if your going to get 31's on there w/o some trimming.  Ed and Julie are running a small lift and bigger than stock tires on their KJ.  They would be best to ask in here.  I would think at biggest, 255/70/16, but don't quote me on that.

I will check it out...thanks!

Herezja

Quote from: "Herezja"
Quote from: "longarm"The front end of the KJ is going to be the most trouble.  You have to remove some stuff to get at what you need.  2TM Offroad in Flushing is great.  They worked on my Jeep after the accident and did a great job.  I would go back there in a heartbeat.  Jeff and Eric are the guys I dealt with.  I don't know if your going to get 31's on there w/o some trimming.  Ed and Julie are running a small lift and bigger than stock tires on their KJ.  They would be best to ask in here.  I would think at biggest, 255/70/16, but don't quote me on that.

I will check it out...thanks!

I double-checked Rusty's site and they are claiming that 31s will fit with the 2" BB. Although this is the first KJ I have dealt with (I usually am a CJ/YJ/TJ person), I am going to go with what they are saying. I should be able to get a good assesment, though, after the lift is installed and before tires are bought.

I am having a hard time talking Missy into having the work done before I get home...so I will probably be there to do the lift anyway.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!