Lift is on!

Started by rallykid, March 19, 2009, 06:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

With incredible thanks to Neil, we installed my lift this morning!

With 4 broken bolts, an hour with a plasma cutter, a trip to the hardware store and a whole lot of swearing (and bleeding) we finally got it done. The difference isn't incredibly noticeable in pictures as it is only a 2 1/2" lift but you can definitely tell the difference in person. Thanks again to Neil, I never would have gotten it done without you.  In fact considering the problems we ran into I may have actually shot it several times.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned

94_xj_country

looks good  ::woot::
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

rallykid

Thanks, it is getting there......slowly. I can convince the wife of a little here and a little there although she was a bit hesitant on the rails and lift. $$$$$$$$

I told her we could forget the rails and just go for the lift........that didn't go over well since she needs the step to get in.  ::trout::  I think I may even have her ok with the rear bumper since we need something with a receiver. Going to take some doing to get the matching front. When it comes time for tires I think I am going to wait until she makes her trip to the Virgin Islands to her sisters place there.  :mrgreen: Of course I may be sleeping in the Jeep for a while when she comes back.  ::ouch::

Nosilla

It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ::poke::

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "rallykid"I told her we could forget the rails and just go for the lift........that didn't go over well since she needs the step to get in.  

I have a set of stock steps sitting in the garage collecting dust - please PM me for a list of suitable six packs to use as currency  :mrgreen:

They are not very sturdy - you get hung up on them once and they will fold up, but until you rip them off it might earn you some brownied points with Mrs. rallykid.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

rallykid

Quote from: "phittie1100"I have a set of stock steps sitting in the garage collecting dust - please PM me for a list of suitable six packs to use as currency  :mrgreen:

They are not very sturdy - you get hung up on them once and they will fold up, but until you rip them off it might earn you some brownied points with Mrs. rallykid.

She is actually all for the rock rails and bars. She sees it as an easier way to get in so she has no problem with the $. I see it as protection so it is a win win. Besides, when I stopped by Neils to pick up my RC sticker, my flashlight and the key to my locking lugs that I left there yesterday I found my rails he built hanging up drying in the garage.
 ::woot::