used jeep wrangler

Started by ricochet1987, June 25, 2009, 09:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricochet1987

Hey all, i am new to this site and wanting to join the jeep club. I am looking for a Jeep Wrangler around 88-95 inline 4.0, manual trans. I am in the marines right now should be out in august and have the money around october nov dec time ..something like that....just let me know!!! :D
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

Herezja

Quote from: "ricochet1987"Hey all, i am new to this site and wanting to join the jeep club. I am looking for a Jeep Wrangler around 88-95 inline 4.0, manual trans. I am in the marines right now should be out in august and have the money around october nov dec time ..something like that....just let me know!!! :D

Are you looking for a daily driver that you can take wheeling or a Jeep that will be a "weekend toy"??

Its a shame....I just sold my 88 last week....sorry.

Herezja

Oh...sorry........WELCOME!!!!

::woot::

ricochet1987

Wanna dd...whats a good yr i herd a 88 to 95....u kno anyout there
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

Herezja

Quote from: "ricochet1987"Wanna dd...whats a good yr i herd a 88 to 95....u kno anyout there

How far is your commute? A YJ will beat you up pretty well on a long commute.

Ben91YJ

I had a 91 YJ for a while, make sure that you get the 4.0L Fuel injected engine, not the 4.2L carb...

I think they started the Fuel Injected 4.0L in 91 (correct me if im wrong on the year), so start there. Also from 92 on they had the safer "family roll bar" as opposed to the triangle shaped "sport" bar from the '91 and earlier. would make things easier in terms of the rear seat belts, but i didnt mind the sport bar, looked more old school.

I lived outside chicago and didnt have a hard top, the soft top worked fine in the winter, sometimes there was a slight fine snow that would come through the top, but it was an original top, about 13 years old, so as long as you get a newer top, it will be fine.

Loved my YJ, it died, if you want to wheel it, new leaf springs can make it ride like new, good luck finding one
98 TJ 2" RE BB, 32x11.5 BFG ATs, Rock Rails, Banks exhaust