Jeeperz Creeperz

Started by rallykid, March 08, 2010, 04:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

Curious on opinions of these guys. I have had problems getting Unlimited to get back with me in a timely fashion and promised time frame the last couple of times I have contacted them and from talking to a few other people I am apparently not the only one. So I started checking
around for other options. They have what I am looking for in stock but want to make sure they are decent to deal with before I drive all the way down there this week.

I am sure some of you have dealt with them so what are your opinions?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Paul Hittie

Kevin is a great guy to work with, fair prices, ships via UPS.  Not much more to say, 2 thumbs up!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Paul Hittie

And he always supports our 4x4 show

rallykid

That is good enough for me. I trust your opinion and if they support our events then I will support theit business. Probably going to head down there Thursday or Friday for the new trackbar.

Paul Hittie

You should try his fleet of brown delivery vans - usually cheaper than gas to get there and back.

4x4x4JK

I have been having nothing but bad luck with unlimited.  They are very lazy about calling back and the three times that I have talked with them about my regear I have gotten 3 different prices that have a $600 spread.  I personally do not trust them and quite frankly have not heard much of anybody really being satisfied with their work.  I do think Paul ahd some luck there but he is the only one who had any level of poraise for them.

Paul Hittie

I have had generally good luck with UORC - although when they replaced my track bar with a Rubicon Express track bar for 4-6" lift that doesn't fit right (on my 2" lifted Jeep it hangs down too far and bangs my diff cover every time I hit a big enough bump to compress the front suspension, and the frame mount is now reamed out too big for most other replacement units) I was a little less than pleased with the outcome.  Otherwise they have generally taken good care of me, service work has always been competent and on time and when I have had issues (leaky replacement pinion seal, track bar loosened up) they have always fixed it quickly and without additional cost.

That being said, the only reason I don't use Jeeperz Creeperz  for my service work is the distance - Kevin has never steered me wrong when ordering parts and for general information.

rallykid

I talked with Jason and he has the trackbar that I need coming in Thursday so I am going to get it there. It is about $5 difference total than Jeeperz Creeperz. Would definitely spend more than $5 in gas driving to Canton and back.  

I have never had a problem with work at Unlimited and they have always taken care of me. There have been a couple of times recently that they have been slow to return calls. I am not sure if the shop is that busy or if something else is going on but other than that I have never had an issue with them. I will give them another shot as other than slow call backs I have no complaints.