Main Menu

Hi

Started by liv2ryde, November 04, 2010, 12:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liv2ryde

Hi
Hello from the Capital City Area!  

Rehabing our 1st Jeep... ::Jeep::  1995 Wrangler.  

I have a question... It seems YJ's get a little less love in the Jeep scene, is that true?  :?  ..if so, is it just the square headlight's or is there more to it?
2011 Wrangler
Cosmos Blue, automatic, LSD, tow package, 33/12.5/15 Duratrac tires on 15x8 Chaos rims with 3.75" backspacing, Bestop Trektop NX

NewRide

Hey there welcome to WLB .. Yes our YJ's get way less love than any other Jeep . That's because they are all jealous on how well they hold up lol . Either that or they really just hate the square headlights .
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Paul Hittie

It's hip to be square (so says Huey Lewis)

If I was looking to start over again, a YJ would definitely be the starting point, this new fangled 5 link coil thing is for the birds.  My YJ never had death wobble!

Oh, Hi and welcome to our sire!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

Hey! Welcome to the site!  Is "Capital City" the Lansing area or is there a city in MI named "Capital City".  Lansing area here.

ouchman

Welcome
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

liv2ryde

Thanks!  Yep the capital city is Lansing.    :D
2011 Wrangler
Cosmos Blue, automatic, LSD, tow package, 33/12.5/15 Duratrac tires on 15x8 Chaos rims with 3.75" backspacing, Bestop Trektop NX

TechJeeper

Cool deal!  Just moved to the south side a little over 2 months ago.

LPM606

Glad you found us here on the internet.  What are your plans for the 95?

liv2ryde

Been fixing up the mechanical side of things to make sure it can be as dependable as possible.  Just did a complete tune up, fixed exhaust manifold gasket leak, heater blower, new cowl to windshield gasket, need to chase down a vacuum leak yet.  Body and frame are pretty solid, has newer paint, new 31" bfg all terrains.  Just bolted on some nerf bar steps, plans for smittybilt seat covers, bumpers and winch down the road.
2011 Wrangler

liv2ryde

Just an update..  Moved on to our new Jeep a 2010 2 door Sport

2011 Wrangler

NewRide

Very nice !!!
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)