Main Menu

waggy

Started by ricochet1987, December 14, 2010, 02:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricochet1987

i am looking for a waggy!!! never thought i would want a vehicle this big but i want something that has offroad capabilitys, reliable, and decent mileage.....and they meet all this, and the silverados i have looked at get really bad mileage....lol.....also sry i havn't been to the meetings or on here alot i have just been really busy with studying for exams and homework up the wazoo lol
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

jeepfan1974

i have owned 2 they are fun and ride great but the amc v8 has issiues the oiling ports get cloged in the head making them only live for about 124k   both of mine blew at that there is a fix for it it requires machining to the head i would look for a zj they r nicer and way more reliable and plentiful
Let\'s go wheeling!

ricochet1987

well the ones i am looking at has like 10k on the engine and its rebuilt....and if it blows i'll just drop a 454 big block in the beast lmao

Herezja

Quote from: "ricochet1987"i am looking for a waggy!!! never thought i would want a vehicle this big but i want something that has offroad capabilitys, reliable, and decent mileage.....and they meet all this, and the silverados i have looked at get really bad mileage....lol.....also sry i havn't been to the meetings or on here alot i have just been really busy with studying for exams and homework up the wazoo lol

Funny should say that....I dropped the same exact bomb on Melissa this morning as I was walking out the door on my way to work this morning. I have always had good luck finding nice ones on Craigslist and eBay. Of course there is always WagonMasters....if you are willing to drop $30,000 on one  :o

//www.wagonmasters.com/

jeepfan1974

if you purchase here is a fix for the oil passages it is fairly easy
http://www.amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/photo2_1.html
Let\'s go wheeling!

ricochet1987

well looked at it last night and was surprised how much torque they had. more then a silverado and it was pretty imaculate my bud brandon was surpirsed how clean it was

Paul Hittie

We were looking at waggies when we stumbled across the 3/4 ton 'Burb.  In hindsight we should have held out for the waggie, way more style as a tow vehicle.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Herezja

Quote from: "ricochet1987"well looked at it last night and was surprised how much torque they had. more then a silverado and it was pretty imaculate my bud brandon was surpirsed how clean it was

Let me know how this works out. I may be interested if you are not.  :lol:

naypalm

Wagoneers are sweet! My uncle had a late 70's model that we'd go off roading in on our trips to Arkansas!

ricochet1987

i will have it the frist week of january and they guy i am buying it from said that i can install a tbi from a chevy 350 small block and get rid of the carb, anybody know where i can get a writeup or installation instructions? it will help as far as gasmileage and the carb not working at extreme angles, again its a amc 360 with a motorcraft 2bbl carb to a chevy 350 small block tbi swap....thanks for any help

jeepfan1974

i used to get 17 mpg with mine i had a edelbrock intake and a Holley 600 cfm carb on it   i am running a edelbrock 600 carb on my yj now and havent had any problems with angles or bumps at all i wouldnt waste my time putting a gm tbi on it but if u want to i have a holley projection kit sitting in my shed all the parts and wireing is there just need a new computer i will let u have it for 50 bucks
Let\'s go wheeling!

ricochet1987

alright i am just wondering bc everyone i have talked to said that it gets really shitty mileage like 10 mpg....and what is a good 4 bbl carb i could get for the amc 360...did yours get 17mpg stock?

jeepfan1974

no i put the intake and carb on it and removed the emissions junk and tuned it up
Let\'s go wheeling!

jeepfan1974

eldbrock 600 cfm electric choke part #1406 i think
Let\'s go wheeling!

ricochet1987

So what mileage did it get before u did that tune up?