I'm getting another Jeep!

Started by longarm, March 05, 2011, 07:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longarm

Well, my wife is getting a Jeep.  We dropped the down on it and pick it up next week.  We have to drive 5 hours and a state away.  Were gonna have a bright red 2000 XJ Sport with 61k original miles on it.  It has no rust either!   It won't get lifted for at-least a year though.  This is gonna be mama's daily driver.  Were gonna put a 3 - 3.5 inch lift and 31's AT's on it.  After it's paid off, we'll throw JCR Sliders on it, and bumpers.  I am so excited to have a Jeep again, even if it's not mine.   ::woot::
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

ouchman

::woot::  congrats
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

jeepfan1974

sweet!
Let\'s go wheeling!

jeepfan1974

3 inches and bushwacker cutout flares you coul clear 32's maybee 33's with the right backspacing
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Damn, I thought we got rid of that guy.....

Oh Hi Mitch, glad to hear about the new Jeep!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

longarm

Well, we just got back from Central Ohio.  What an experience.  The salesman told me over the phone that the Jeep was "pristine" except for a couple of scratches from being keyed on the passenger side doors.  He snapped pics with his cell phone while it was inside the service bay since it was raining outside.  This was Saturday, the pics looked great.  We dropped a down on it and planned for a Tuesday day trip to trade in our CRV to them and drive the Jeep home.    Or so we thought.

We drove the 4.5 hours to get there and the salesman tells us there was a snafu and they were fixing the rear view mirror.  He then pulls it around and comes in and apologizes and stated that the windshield needed to be replaced.  I walk around and look at the Jeep and my jaw hit the ground.  This thing was trashed.  It was virtually scratched pretty bad on every panel of this thing.  It had so many rock chips that I didn't know if I should think it had the measles or play an all day game of connect the dots.  The drivers sun visor was ripped, and there was something wrong with the safety button for the power windows.  All the windows worked from the master switches on the drivers door, but none of the other door switches worked.  The driver side headlight bezel was cracked and missing a huge piece.  The plastic on rear hatch was hanging a little due to the corner mount being completely cracked at the screw and the interior handle was very loose and flopping around.

We get back to the dealership after our test drive and the salesman asked us what we thought.  I gave him a classic "go f&^* yourself" look.  He told me that he would refund our deposit and that there was three others on a list to buy it.  That was it, he wasn't gonna budge on the price.  He thought $7600.00 was a great deal for this Jeep.  He kept saying "But it's a 2000."  I told him I've seen Cherokee's with twice the mileage and off-roaded with half the cosmetic damage as this one.    From the brief test drive, the power-train was solid with 61,300 exactly on the odometer.  I went and found the Sales Manager and walked around the Jeep with him.  He was obviously pissed.  He asked what would make us happy.  He wasn't gonna budge on the price as it was a 2000 with 61k miles on it.  He then made it offer we couldn't refuse.  He put in writing that he would have every part fixed or replaced and his paint guy fix every chip and scratch.  I told him we weren't gonna drive all the way back down there.  He said not to worry about it.  He is going to have a dealership person drive it the 5 hours all the way to our house when its fixed up and then take our CRV back.  

Were hoping to have it delivered by Friday.  Stephanie is really looking forward to driving this thing around.  Of course, that will be after I wax it up.   :mrgreen:
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Nosilla

that makes for a messed up day.....i still hope it all works out in the end for you.

longarm

I hope so too.  We will see when they deliver the vehicle.  I hope the guy who delivers it doesn't have plans that night.  I'll pull him up a chair while I go over every square inch of that Jeep with a magnifying glass.

jeepfan1974

wow that salesman sounds like a real douchebag hope they fix it right
Let\'s go wheeling!

whalendm

Good luck hopefully they fix it right

LPM606

Update?? Was it delivered yet?

jeepfan1974

yup he got it hes not happy im sure he will post soon
Let\'s go wheeling!

longarm

I got it last Wednesday.  The dealership in Ohio FUBAR'd the deal all up in many more ways than one.  When they delivered it, they didn't bother to bring a plate with it so they ended up over-nighting the temp plate to me.  

I just got back from Crandall Chrysler Jeep in Imlay City.  They did a thorough inspection and complete fluid change.  That place did me right.  I really like that dealership.  The two service guys told me that it was one of the nicest Cherokee's they had seen in a very long time.  No rust on it yet.  I need to get it up in the air so I can spray some Dupi-Color Truck Bed Coating in a can all over the undercarriage to permanently rustproof it it.  The best part is it has 61k original miles on it.  The even better part is that the head was replaced last year with an original new updated Mopar Head and Camshaft Position Sensor.  It runs great!  Mama has a great ride.  I'm looking forward to eventually lifting it and throwing some 31's under it.

First line of business is getting mama a new stereo and replacing a couple of blown speakers.  It has a cassette player.

LPM606

Glad to hear it came together alright!

longarm

Thanks, I finally got some good tunes in it last night.