Selling Jeep - need input on asking price

Started by Paul Hittie, September 04, 2007, 07:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Cliff Notes from the last week - Deb went back to work full time effective today, WITH BENEFITS  :WOOT:  She wants a new Jeep, and since our health insurance cost just dropped $702 per month, I can't argue.  We will soon be the owners of a bright yellow JK 4dr Unlimited, and I am going to keep the LJ and sell the YJ.  NADA "clean retail" is $5275, Kelly BB "Good" is $4730.  On AutoTrader and similar places they go from $1500 up to $10k.  Am I nuts for thinking I should ask $6k for my Jeep?  It's far from perfect, and needs some more $$ to be "done right", but I have a lot of busted knuckles tied up in that thing.  But I also need a price that gets it sold by Nov 1.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

I don't want to insult you paul But from all the shopping i just did i would say you should ask about 5500 and expect to get between 4500 and 5000.

I just bought my jeep today (granted stock). 4 banger,a/c,hardtop on 31's with 107k on the ticker for 3850.00 I know that is super cheap. i should have had to pay about 5k or a little more for this one.

But then again you might put 6 on it and get at least in the 5's for it.

hope this helps some what Paul.

GOT ROCKS

Neil I think you should give your new one back and buy Paul's.

Hehehehe......

I have to agree with Neil.  Ask high expect lower.

Good luck.

Anthony
RHINO ZJ:
//http://www.rhinozj.com
I <3 my Bacon Pockets!

longarm

Paul, I don't want to hijack this thread, but now that the LJ is yours.......  If I can convince Stephanie to let me mosey on up to 2TM to get my longarm kit that I want when we settle our Lemon Law thing.  (Hopefully in teh next couple of weeks.)  I would be able to do this if I had a buyer for my current suspension.   :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

NewRide

Hey Paul ,
My buddy has been trying to sell his YJ off and on now for about 6 months. His is as clean or maybe cleaner than yours with out any mods and he has been asking 4000 for his. Stick with the 5000 and go for 4000-4500 . Post pictures and all that stuff on all the boards and see where it goes !! Good luck !!
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

94_xj_country

ill trade you an xj for it, its missing a window and is severly dented  :lol:  

good luck with the sale, the thing is clean i could see you catchin 5 for it
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Paul Hittie

Not insulted by any of the feedback - that's why we are having this discussion here and not on some of the other forums around, ya know?  And other than making it mechanically sound, I have NO desire to put much into it before selling other than a good scrubbing.  I need to sell it so I have money for the down stroke on the new one, so I to price it so it sells.

I also have a lovely Suburban for sale if anyone is interested.... :mrgreen:

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "longarm"Paul, I don't want to hijack this thread, but now that the LJ is yours.......  If I can convince Stephanie to let me mosey on up to 2TM to get my longarm kit that I want when we settle our Lemon Law thing.  (Hopefully in teh next couple of weeks.)  I would be able to do this if I had a buyer for my current suspension.   :mrgreen:

I have no plans to lift it further until it is paid off - although I did just pick up some +2" front springs to try and level it out some.  It rides nose low, and with the winch mounted we kept bottoming out the shocks.  It still will server double duty towing the camper on trips that we won't take a shiny new JK, so it needs to be stable on the street with a load.  But that won't prevent me from locking the front and freeing up the intake/exhaust system.

NewRide

Quote from: "phittie1100"I also have a lovely Suburban for sale if anyone is interested.... :mrgreen:

Hey thats got a nice V-8 in it right ....
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Paul Hittie

350ci/350TH - it's the HD option for 1989, 200hp/300ft lb, or something like that.  Needs rebuilt, a little smokey at start up.

longarm

Well Paul, when you get the shiney new JK, let me know.  I have some of the best sealent that you can get.  Your Jeep can bead mud just like mine.   :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

clyder

Paul, clean it, and take pics of the interior and exterior, the views you would like to see if you were buying.  Post your description and pics on craigslist in metro Detroit.  If your price is too high, you will get very few responses.  Relist in a week or two at a lower price, maybe change the wording and some of the pics.  You will know when you have the correct market price.  I sold a Cherokee sport last fall, when the price was right I had 6 email responses and 3 phone calls within 18 hours.  I only lowered the price $500 between the two listings.

Todd

JEEPSALESGUY

I have a guy that I work with that might be interested in your jeep. I'd like to get the specs so I can forward them on! Thanks!!
05 tj 4" procomp lift, 33" mickeys & not enough time to wheel it!

JEEPSALESGUY

By the way, if you need a new jk, jet me know, I'm a sales manager at a Jeep dealer!
05 tj 4" procomp lift, 33" mickeys & not enough time to wheel it!

Nosilla

What dealership?