What did you do to your JEEP today?

Started by dbikers, September 16, 2007, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricochet1987

fixed the thermostat leak and it stopped overheating!!! then i installed my cb radio and bought a clevis and reciver for my jeep and ordered 2 tow hooks off autobarn should be here in a couple days! ::woot::  ::Jeep::
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

naypalm

Holy giant pictures batman!

rallykid

Technically it was Wednesday btut I haven't been on lately. Replaced my cheap disconnects with some solid sway bar links. The clunking stopped. Unfortunately now that that noise is gone I can hear how bad the hard top squeak is. That is getting fixed this weekend hopefully.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

rallykid

Got some bar pin eliminators since I broke a bar pin, got my rear trackbar bracket on finally too. Next is front trackbar, front spacers, rear sway bar links, new shocks and a body lift.

TechJeeper

What brand BPE did you go with matt?  I got the JKS ones and love them!

rallykid

Quote from: "Gr8archer"What brand BPE did you go with matt?  I got the JKS ones and love them!

Sadly I didn't even think to ask. Unlimited found a pair that had just come in on a shipment they were unboxing when I called them and I told him to hang onto them for me. I had them pop them on as it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to busy of a day for me to tackle it. Had them weld up my rear trackbar bracket while it was there too. They usually recommend JKS stuff so that is most likely what it was. I will have to look at the receipt. It was done in 2 hours on Wednesday at 1:00 when I dropped it off and I was so tied up with everything else that I didn't make it back out until Thursday to get it. Been a crazy week around here.

Paul Hittie

Thank God - finally past Paul's jumbo pictures!

I didn't do anything to my Jeep this week - I just drove it.  For the first time in 2 years, no wiggle in the steering wheel, no death wobble, no nothing.  Steering is still a little jittery, think I will have my toe set to 1/8" out the next alignment, it worked well in the past.  But since the final round of track bar adjustments at UORC (and a new rear adjustable track bar), I haven't hated my Jeep.  Long trips, short trips - on the road, off the road - no complaints.  I have bad right ball joints again, and a bent right front LCA (damn rocks!) but I am reluctant to mess with anything right now, this is the happiest I can ever remember being with my Jeep since i inherited it from Mrs PHittie.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

Quote from: "phittie1100"Thank God - finally past Paul's jumbo pictures!

I didn't do anything to my Jeep this week - I just drove it.  For the first time in 2 years, no wiggle in the steering wheel, no death wobble, no nothing.  Steering is still a little jittery, think I will have my toe set to 1/8" out the next alignment, it worked well in the past.  But since the final round of track bar adjustments at UORC (and a new rear adjustable track bar), I haven't hated my Jeep.  Long trips, short trips - on the road, off the road - no complaints.  I have bad right ball joints again, and a bent right front LCA (damn rocks!) but I am reluctant to mess with anything right now, this is the happiest I can ever remember being with my Jeep since i inherited it from Mrs PHittie.

Woot, glad your wobbles gone Paul! ::woot::

rallykid

If it comes back Paul, it has to be the All Terrains. My last set were horrible for DW and as soon as I took them off it was gone and didn't come back.......until I broke my track bar.  ::ouch::

Measured for rear shocks and ordered them today. I keep bottoming out hard after adding the BPE's and the RC shocks having such long bodies. BDS going on this weekend in the rear. Holding off on the fronts for now. $ for Jeep parts is getting low.

rallykid

No shocks this weekend. They will be in Monday. Couldn't find a combo we liked that would work properly so thanks Jason at Unlimited BDS building a pair with custom valving for the rear of the LJ.  ::woot::

jeepfan1974

Thank God - finally past Paul's jumbo pictures!
    hey be nice       i have cable internet they where fine on my computer bunch of whiners!!  ::poke::
Let\'s go wheeling!

rallykid

Today the front BDS shocks and rear sway bar links went on. No more rear end clunking from my cheap disconnects trying to come apart. Also found out what the mysterious front end pop under acceleration is. The lower left front spring cup has some nice wear on it from a spring rubbing.  :shock:  Not quite sure how I am going to resolve that particular issue as it is a new one to me.  :?

Paul Hittie

When I went to Indiana a couple of weeks back, I called it quits after I kept hearing some awful crunchy noises from the right front.  After I crawled underneath it, I found so much play in the left u-joint that I wonder why it didn't pop.  Theright side seemed OK but was still making noise in 4wd.  Pulled it apart tonight and replaced the totally trashed u-joints on that side too.  So my lifetime warranty u-joints lasted 104 and 106 weeks. respectively.  I need to start buying stronger parts I think.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

jeepsR4Girls

I got Ed Skid Row offroad skid plates for the lower control arms, evap canister, and front chassis. Then Ed ordered rock rails. The rock rails came today at 1:40 pm and it was taken to unlimited offroad to have everything put in place. Merry Christmas and Happy birthday honey! I'm sure there will be pics to come soon. ::Jeep::  ::woot::