What did you do to your JEEP today?

Started by dbikers, September 16, 2007, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

Yes, I had asked for some of the Sid plates for X-mas and then found the rails at 40% off on 4WD.com, so I ordered those.  When I got home yesterday, Julie had snuck out and had eveything installed.  Very nice surprise - I am very happy...  Just need the Engine skid to have total protection at this point, but at least that pesky evap canister is protected and the lower control arms that took a beating on the mounds rock course.  The guys at UOR did have to weld the passenger side rail to the frame.  Here are some pics:

naypalm

Lookin good Ed! ::woot::

94_xj_country

glanced at it as i got into my road boat to head off to work
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

rallykid

Not today but over the course of the last few days since I have been off. Got my JKS adjustable trackbar installed, alignment is done, stripped the paint off my rock sliders and refinished them with bed liner. Also removed my rear tire carrier as the tailgate couldn't take it anymore. As soon as the taxes come back it is time for a new bumper and tire carrier. I can't put it off any longer.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

ricochet1987

well saturday i finally got my jeep on the road from working on it since wednesday swapping axles and changed rear main...but it still leaks oil? :( im taking it in next week since im tired of messing with the oil pan lmao
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

jeepfan1974

ok last week i made a shackle reversal kit  today i changed the t case made a new rear driveshaft and have to shorten the front one and do a belly up crossmember
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Finally completed the installation of my new bumper last night.  When my tailgate stared to disintegrate again last fall, I tried installing the used '99 tailgate I purchased a couple of years ago, but started breaking off bolts inside the tailgate and finally set it at the curb.  So just before Christmas I purchased a SRC tube bumper w/tire carrier - chosen because it was cheap (4wd Hrdwr was having a big sale incl free shipping) and despite being made in China is DOT rated as a Class 2 (3500#) towing device.  It's fairly stout - 1/4" and 3/8" brackets, ties to the factory hitch mounts under the frame rails plus 8 bolts through the rear cross member.  Because of the camper though (as much as 3800# loaded for a week), I ordered some Rockhard 4x4 frame tie-in brackets this week - it carries the outboard crossmember bolts back to two additional factory frame holes on each side using a 1/4" gusseted bracket, and has a 3rd hole to drill an additional frame hole if desired.  I had to buy some longer bumper mounting bolts to get through all of the new brackets, and I added some over-sized Grade 8 washers where I could to spread the force out over more surface area.  Looks over-engineered to the extreme, should be good to go.  Plus the new bumper/hitch setup eliminates one of my most nagging clearance issues, my old Class 2 hitch.  As an added bonus, the higher hitch mounting point on the LJ now matches the factory JK mount on Deb's, making it much easier for us to share the single adjustable draw bar mount we have that accomodates the torsion bars for our load-distributing hitch set up.

::gay::
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

pics with the new bumper?

Paul Hittie

I can't get over the quality of the pictures I get from my stupid phone.  Not sure why I carry a camera in the Jeep any more?

rallykid

Must be new bumper day.  :D  I have to get a pic of it all together after the Jeep gets a wash.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned

TechJeeper

Replaced all the burned out bulbs in my tail lights (3/4 were bad) and installed the cages I bought from Hittie.  

TechJeeper

Install Stupidly Heavy Duty 4wd Linkage - CHECK
Rewire Electric Fan- CHECK

I am ready for the mounds Monday!

Paul Hittie

Finally got rid of my CB radio and wired Deb's to work in my Jeep.  No more squeal, and according to Ed I am now allowed to participate in group activities again.

Installed a new always hot 12v power supply in the back seat of the LJ.  Now there is limitless power available to charge iPods and Nintendo DSi game systems.

B&M universal trans temp gauge installed in the center console behind the transfer case lever.  Nice unit, lighted, easy to install once I got brave enough to cut the trans line.  Thanks for the help on the wiring Cody.

On our way this morning for new shoes.  Nothing exciting, more BFG All Terrains, it's hard to argue with do-it-all traction, great on-road performance, and more than 46,000 miles despite the not-so-nice things I have done to them.

toplesscj7

Haven't been on for a while but we recently got our family cage done.  
The kids are excited  ::woot::  because we are going to try to get a trip planned to Silver lake this year.
And I am happy they are a lot safer in the back seat.

Things to do yet: ::ouch::
Change out cracked valve cover
Change out damper shock
Change  out oil pan
Change oil pump while pans is off
Install my CB

TechJeeper

Quote from: "toplesscj7"Haven't been on for a while but we recently got our family cage done.  
The kids are excited  ::woot::  because we are going to try to get a trip planned to Silver lake this year.
And I am happy they are a lot safer in the back seat.

Things to do yet: ::ouch::
Change out cracked valve cover
Change out damper shock
Change  out oil pan
Change oil pump while pans is off
Install my CB

What motor you got in your CJ?