Main Menu

yj8??

Started by jeepfan1974, October 02, 2007, 09:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepfan1974

hey i was watching history channel a show called digging the truth and they
were driving a yj in jeruslem that had a what looked like a cj8 tub   the dash was weird looking too. kind of a strange mix of cj and a yj dashes wish i had a way to download it from my dvr to here so i could show ya"ll
Let\'s go wheeling!

TechJeeper

they have some crazy things over seas.  I know a while back there was this thing on GL4x4 where this guy over there posted about how they take and mix-match parts to make vehicals and such.  Pretty crazy fabrication involved.

Mudviper

Back when the YJ's where still being made, Chrysler was still making the Scambler version of Jeep in South America using the YJ front end. They still may be making them. In fact, from the last time I checked, there is a company in India that makes the old Willies style flat fenders.

Paul Hittie

There are some minor differences, but the export CJ-8 thing was more YJ than CJ if I recall.  There was a JP magazine article a couple of years back about the Mahindra (flatty-style Indian Jeep), the Isreli YJ w/extended bed, and a few others.  The most recent cool export is the TJ-based pickup sold to the Egyptian army, looks a lot like the AEV conversion kit.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

jeepfan1974

well i sure like that it looked pretty cool i want one  :D
Let\'s go wheeling!