help with mirror relocation brackets mopar

Started by zaqs_dad, April 14, 2014, 08:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqs_dad

I bought a set of mirror relocation brackets the kind where you take apart the original mirrors and use the mounting bracket s from mopar. The problem I'm having is getting the mirrors disassembled. I've been working on them for a couple days now and sprayed them with pb blaster 4 times. They're stuck.

Has anyone had similar issues? Should I try a pry bar? Or should I just resell them?

LPM606

Hey Chris Glad you made it to the website...

The mirror is attached to the bracket with a Steel screw into an aluminum housing... Brilliant engineers! Total corrosion, complete PITA!  On mine, we were able to get one side apart after a couple days of PB blaster and heat... the other one I actually had to go buy a new mirror... and you can't just buy the mirror part you need... its the whole unit including the bracket you are replacing!  Can't remember what the mirror cost... $60-80 maybe?  Also - Just an FYI - if the Mopar ones are anything like the RR ones I put on, the passenger side mirror is near worthless with the door on... You only see about 1.25" of the mirror... takes quite a bit of getting used to!

zaqs_dad

Hey thanks for the reply. I'll give it a few tries and I'll probably end up buying a new passenger side.