Consumer Reports

Started by alan6271, November 21, 2014, 07:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan6271

I just read a report from Consumer Reports that all the Jeep vehicles took up spots on the worst 15 cars to own.  That's probably why the garbage disposal they said was the best broke the first year I had it.  Then the second one broke.  Then I bought a dryer they said was the best.  That cost about $250 to fix the fourth year I had it. 
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

LPM606

I'm surprised they are considered worst... Especially the Grand Cherokee... what were the criteria?  Do you have a link to the article?

StingRay66

The people who rate them drive a Prius what do they know about a good automobile
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

alan6271

Quote from: LPM606 on November 21, 2014, 07:58:15 AM
I'm surprised they are considered worst... Especially the Grand Cherokee... what were the criteria?  Do you have a link to the article?

I can't find the link now.  I came across the link this morning off the Foxnews.com website.  I will post it later when I get home and can pull my browsing history. 
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

alan6271

alan6271

Quote from: alan6271 on November 21, 2014, 04:18:08 PM
Hi Guys. Sorry, my mistake.  It was on the Forbes list. 

http://www2.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/9/

Although in the article they do say "True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports' testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; "

Paul Hittie

I would gladly include our (former) 2008 JKU as one of the worst new vehicles I have ever owned
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

bullhed78

Let's face it, you gotta want a jeep to like a jeep. You have to have a desire to use its off-road capabilities or cool factor to own one. If all you want is a decent vehichle for said amount of $$$ you would be a fool to buy a wrangler. There are way more comfortable way more fuel efficient vehicles out there for the money. You can't compare apples to apples when you are comparing a wrangler to anything.

alan6271

Quote from: bullhed78 on November 21, 2014, 07:04:51 PM
Let's face it, you gotta want a jeep to like a jeep. You have to have a desire to use its off-road capabilities or cool factor to own one. If all you want is a decent vehichle for said amount of $$$ you would be a fool to buy a wrangler. There are way more comfortable way more fuel efficient vehicles out there for the money. You can't compare apples to apples when you are comparing a wrangler to anything.

True.  I agree on the Wrangler.  Like the saying goes "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand!" but what I don't understand is how they don't like the Grand Cherokee.  That makes no sense to me.  The New Grand Cherokee is just straight up high class bad azz.  Quiet, sophisticated, roomy, very techy.