Fitting a tj mirror into a jk bracket.

Started by zaqs_dad, February 16, 2015, 10:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqs_dad

I looked online  and found mixed results from people fitting a tj mirror into a jk relocation bracket.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has attempted this. As many know, when using a relocation bracket on the passenger side the point of having a mirror there becomes mute. The driver can't see the mirror when it's time to keep the doors on. 

If anyone has a spare tj mirror complete with the extended arm that I can borrow to try to install please let me know. 

LPM606

I think I have a full driver side mirror for the jk, I could not get the mirror off the stock bracket to put it on the relocation bracket... If you are looking to put the relo brackets on, this will be no help, but if you need a mirror to put in the stock position, I should be able to hook you up.  I cant think of where I put the old mirror, but I'm pretty sure its around here somewhere...

Also, I have the relo brackets and while the view of the passenger side mirror is very limited, it is still visible with the door on... I only see about 1.5" of the mirror, but it is still usable... Takes some getting used to, for sure,

zaqs_dad

Thanks ed. My current mirror still works, only the plastic housing broke while we're at the mounds before the last meeting.   It's a bit annoying to hear it flap around while doing 70 down the expressway but if you want to sell me your other spare then let me know when you find it. I think I will order some tj mirror off eBay if and when I find out for sure that they will work in the relocation brackets.

zaqs_dad

Bought jb weld. Should finally get this taken care of this weekend.

Jeeply