Looking for a lift....

Started by 99maddawg, April 12, 2015, 10:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

99maddawg

I'm looking to get a lift kit put on my 97 wrangler but I don't know where to start looking...I honestly have no idea what a good one would be or what would be best for my Jeep or what brands are good so I could really use some help! It's pretty much a daily driver for me so I don't want anything to crazy like a 10 inch lift but maybe a 3? And I would like to get some bigger tires and I am not sure what size tires would go good with the lift.... so if I could get some info, it would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thank you!

Yellow TJ

MetalCloak has a lift with dual-rate springs. Smoother ride. Artical in the May JP magazine..

LPM606

Lots of options for you TJ depending on exactly what you plan to do with it, how big a tire your are aiming for, how much $$ you have to spend, etc. You will get a lot of opinions, but it seems that a lot of people go 1" body lift, 2" suspension lift on the TJ to clear 33's with no need to mess with steering & drive shaft angles and such... We have our meeting tonight at little Caesars in Davison... feel free to come out and pick our brains!

Paul Hittie

Quote from: LPM606 on April 12, 2015, 12:38:17 PM
Lots of options for you TJ depending on exactly what you plan to do with it, how big a tire your are aiming for, how much $$ you have to spend, etc. You will get a lot of opinions, but it seems that a lot of people go 1" body lift, 2" suspension lift on the TJ to clear 33's with no need to mess with steering & drive shaft angles and such... We have our meeting tonight at little Caesars in Davison... feel free to come out and pick our brains!
X2

Sent from my electronic tether

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

alan6271

I put a 2" Zone suspension lift on my TJ and there wasn't much to it.  I chose the 2" because of exactly what Ed said.  No need to mess with slip yoke eliminators, drive line vibration, and a minimal chance of death wobble.  Next I'll put a 1" body lift on and that's as far is she's getting to the sky.  The Zone lift wasn't terribly expensive.  I think around $300.  If you're budget (and wife) is a bit more understanding you could go with a more expensive lift and get new springs and shocks etc. with it.   
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!