Offroaders.com

Started by J's Jeep, April 23, 2015, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J's Jeep

FYI
Found this website that has quite a few reviews on topics such as Mud tires, All terrain tires, winches, suspensions, etc.
A lot of good articles, tips, pictures and general information.
Check it out at http://www.offroaders.com/

Paul Hittie

Speaking of tires, we were discussing Treadwright tires after the last meeting, and I received a new e-mail offer from them - 30% off their shipping right now on top of their discounted tire prices. 

My preferred tire would be the Guard Dog, looks like the old GY MT/R - 285/75R16 (roughly 33x11.50x16), 5 tires delivered to my front door - $789.85

Need to go count the piggy bank, after looking through the change in my desk drawer I am still $786.43 short.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

bullhed78

Wow, that is cheap for 5 tires. I just bought 4 Goodyear DuraTrac 33x12.50R15 and it cost me $810 after the $40 mail in rebate. That price did include mounting and balancing but like I said it was only 4 tires.

welderman85

I have the treadwright guard dogs on my ranger. I have had them for 5 or 6 years they have held up really well. I got the kedge grip they came on bfg carcasses. I was pretty happy with them. I never really aired them down much but I did have them in lots of snow and mud They seem to work really well. I would definitely buy another set and now the come in a bead to bead retread

Ken

I had a hard time getting my Guard Dogs mounted.  Shops didn't want to work on them.  I had to take the rims off and take them in without the Jeep to get them mounted.  Some people in Michigan think it is not legal to mount retreads on the front.  I could not find anything one way or the other.  Just tell  the shop they are for off road only.  The gov has done studies and found they are as safe as new tires.

I got my 315/70r17s on E-bay,  $180.00 with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/285-75xR16-D-B2B-Guard-Dog-Mud-Terrain-Retread-Tire-Jeep-Ford-Dodge-Chevy-/111528655273?fits=Section+Width%3A285%7CAspect+Ratio%3A75%7CRim+Diameter%3A16&hash=item19f7a039a9&vxp=mtr

They ride well and I like them so far.
Ken

2014 Copper Head Jeep JK Willys Wheeler with 3 inch lift, Front E-locker, Rear Limited Slip.
Warn Wench and Bumpers. 315 tires.

TechJeeper

I've had Treadwrights Puma ATs on my Grand Cherokee for going on 4 years now and I love them.  I had issues with one sidewall cracking and I had one explode on me at trail maintenance two years after buying them, treadwright replaced both no questions asked.

LPM606

And he means exploded - Pow!