The Begining of a Jeeper

Started by Yager, October 19, 2007, 11:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

How my wife became a jeeper.

So, about eight months ago I got my first jeep. I wanted a wrangler, but my wife would have none of it, citing the baby's safety as the primary concern. Despite my attempts to correct her view, I couldn't. We settled for the Grand Cherokee, which I do adore, but it just isn't a wrangler. I had only one choice if I ever wanted to truly get a wheelin' rig, and that was to prove to my little darling that jeeps are unbelievable machines.. So, I took her out to Sweeter Road in Muskegon.

It was dark, we had no idea where the trail head was, no CB, no cell phone reception, and my buddy Andrew had turned off my GPS for some reason. (It's cheap so we couldn't track it back out). We were at the top of a hill that we couldn't see the bottom of, and it was sandy and rutted out. I put my little WJ into four full time and started the descent. It was easy, a little slippage, but good. Unfortuanately, at the bottom, I found another hill, almost identical, but at a slightly steeper grade. In my mind, we were screwed. In her mind, we were going to die out there.

I relied on 4 low now, and it took three attemps, some steering wheel wiggling, and a whole lot of "Come on baby, come on sweety" but we made it to the top and were cruising comfortably down a trail. My wife turned to me and said...

"I never thought it'd do it, but jeeps are %$#!ing amazing.."

I bought my wrangler last wednesday.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Nosilla

You will love it once you get it.

NewRide

It only takes a few times ... sometimes only once and the wifes either love it or hate it lol
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Mudviper

How is a Wrangler not baby safe?

Nosilla

I kinda wondered the same thing.

Paul Hittie

Gotta be careful with letting her get too far into the whole Jeep thing.  Next thing you know she will want her own Wrangler, and it wil need bigger tires, then a lift, then bigger tires, then another lift, then a winch....and then she'll want a new shiny Wrangler and make you sell your old, tired companion....sniff...for a down payment on the new shiny one.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Yager

She just thinks they're not real safe for baby's. I don't get it either.. I'm like.. Hon, it has a roll bar, how many family sedans or mini-vans have you seen with roll bars and four wheel drive? Then she'd sight that it would fall over easy, and said she wanted a cherokee. I wasn't about to tell her those fall over just as easy, because then I would've ended up with a Chevy Trailblazer.

As for her getting her own jeep, I think that's sadly, probably going to happen. When she drove the cherokee to college, all the dudes were like "That's not yours!" and she was all, "Hell yeah it is." So.. It's begun. But she can't drive a manual, yet, so I'm safe for a bit. I wont allow her to get an off road rig that's automatic, it's just not as much fun.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

longarm

That is awsome.  Now, rip out the carpet and LINE-X it interior, toss the top in the garage and use a Safari top for the summers.  Your soft top will last longer and you will enjoy the ride better on nice days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."