A rig for my wife??

Started by JEEPSALESGUY, October 23, 2007, 10:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEPSALESGUY

My wife and I have wheeled for a few years together, however she won't wheel my TJ. She really wants to wheel her Commander (because it's hers and she doesn't want to hurt my baby), however it isn't equipped for it (full time, no selection 4wd (really awd if you ask me)). I have the chance to buy a 88 xj REALLY cheap, however it needs ALOT of work (rotted out floor board, no heat, key stuck in the ignition, and thats what I've found the first 2 minutes looking at it, but it's really cheap) . Need some help here!
05 tj 4" procomp lift, 33" mickeys & not enough time to wheel it!

Nosilla

Go with your gut man. And her opinion.

Mudviper

Well if yours needs to go into the shop for work or breaks down, you have a back up.. Think of it that way

JEEPSALESGUY

She really doesn't care ( is what she says, who knows that it means). However, she says a new project would keep me off the streets! :shock: By the way, she doesn't read the posts, so I want a real opinion!

Paul Hittie

My wife and I have a blast wheeling at the dunes together (his and hers Jeeps) - I say go for it!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

Keep in mind that two Jeeps to empty every pocket lol
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

jeepgirl95

I love having my OWN Jeep to wheel!  Though mine is my daily driver so I have to be careful........so I say DEFINITELY!!! :lol: Buy it and maybe she will help you do some work on it....if you want her to?  It couldl be something for you to do together.  Also I think Paul likes it sometimes because I'm not sitting right next to him telling him what he shouldn't do (probably not a good idea, if you know Paul) but I'm to busy having fun to nag him! :lol:

jeepfan1974

she's full of crap!! :lol:             but she does enjoy having her own jeep to wheel      learn from my mistakes    make sure if she wheels it she cleans it!!
         i'm still getting the vassar mud in my eyes when i wrench on hers!!
Let\'s go wheeling!

JEEPSALESGUY

She wants to wheel in a bad way...I figure if I get her a jeep she can wheel, she'll feel more comfortable (without me in it). If she runs it into a tree, it's her jeep, not mine! Either way I'm not mad (that's why I pay for insurance), but she'll get to experience the thrill of (driving) wheeling first hand.

Nosilla

Thats awesome. I am sure you guys will have a blast. To bad it will cut into your jeep budget though.

JEEPSALESGUY

Quote from: "Nosilla"Thats awesome. I am sure you guys will have a blast. To bad it will cut into your jeep budget though.

It may a little, but if that what it takes to get my daughter out as well as the rest of the family, then it's all worth it! :D

Nosilla

Thats for darn sure.  :D

jeepfan1974

hey i have a 3 inch lift laying here for a xj needs shocks
Let\'s go wheeling!

JEEPSALESGUY

Well I just brought home the new rig tonight! (about 9pm) I'm very surprised, the 4wd works, trans shifts, new exhaust (no cat) and it rides pretty well for 191k. The downside: needs brakes in a bad way, has no heat, hole in the drivers floorboard, no radio, and a key stuck in the ignition. However, it does have a newer set of 31"s on it (bonus). It needs alot of work, but by spring, hopefully she'll be wheelin it. 3 jeeps in the house now! I now know where all the $$ will go. :o

Paul Hittie

3?? You guys really have it baaaad.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance