Lift kit *Pictures added*

Started by gh0stslay3r, December 06, 2007, 10:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gh0stslay3r

I just ordered a 4.5 inch lift kit from rough country. ::woot::  I should get it by Tuesday. I hope I can have it installed by Tuesday night. I'll post some pictures after the lift.  8-)
2000 jeep wrangler TJ
Two tracker
Cheap Thrills

Nosilla

Awesome.

JEEPSALESGUY

Good deal, Congrats on the new lift!! :D
05 tj 4" procomp lift, 33" mickeys & not enough time to wheel it!

gh0stslay3r

Thanks!
2000 jeep wrangler TJ
Two tracker
Cheap Thrills

ouchman

cant wait for the pics ::Jeep::
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Mudviper

I don't know much about TJ's but with going to a 4 1/2 lift, are you going to need to buy an SYE on your transfercase? I know with my XJ I am going to have to and it is a longer wheel base. Although I never but an SYE on my old YJ when I but a 4 in lift on it.

gh0stslay3r

Quote from: "Mudviper"I don't know much about TJ's but with going to a 4 1/2 lift, are you going to need to buy an SYE on your transfercase? I know with my XJ I am going to have to and it is a longer wheel base. Although I never but an SYE on my old YJ when I but a 4 in lift on it.

I don't have the TJ anymore  :(  I got an XJ and that's what I'm putting the lift on  :D  About the SYE, I was talking to the guy I got the lift from and he works in a off road shop and he told me to get a YJ's slip yoke and put that on my XJ's drive shaft. He said the YJ's is longer. Then I don't have to use a SYE. I hope he is right but if not them I'll get a SYE. He works in K-zoo @ Grizys (or something) off road shop. He holds the rock challange at Turtle Ridge.
2000 jeep wrangler TJ
Two tracker
Cheap Thrills

94_xj_country

[quote="gh0stslay3r]
I don't have the TJ anymore  :(  I got an XJ and that's what I'm putting the lift on  :D  About the SYE, I was talking to the guy I got the lift from and he works in a off road shop and he told me to get a YJ's slip yoke and put that on my XJ's drive shaft. He said the YJ's is longer. Then I don't have to use a SYE. I hope he is right but if not them I'll get a SYE. He works in K-zoo @ Grizys (or something) off road shop. He holds the rock challange at Turtle Ridge.[/quote]

you can drop the case and use a yj slip yoke (you'll need to drop the case at 4.5" or the yolks will knock together and you wont go very fast) but i would go SYE right from the get go, deffinatly worth the money. and if you need to save some you can always use a stock xj front driveshaft with an SYE, that way you wouldnt have to drop $$$ on a custom shfat
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

gh0stslay3r

Quote from: "94_xj_country"you can drop the case and use a yj slip yoke (you'll need to drop the case at 4.5" or the yolks will knock together and you wont go very fast) but i would go SYE right from the get go, deffinatly worth the money. and if you need to save some you can always use a stock xj front driveshaft with an SYE, that way you wouldnt have to drop $$$ on a custom shfat

I'm thinking about doing the SYE in it but can't do it right away. Money is tight!

I just looked and the lift is at WYOMING,MI  ::woot::  I should be getting it this Monday  ::Jeep::
2000 jeep wrangler TJ
Two tracker
Cheap Thrills

94_xj_country

check out jeeperz creeperz, they have some cheaper ones. kevin will install too he does good work
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

gh0stslay3r

I got the front done and started to work on the back. First shock bolt broke so I'm going to finish tomorrow. I'll have pictures when It's all done. Coming along good tho.
2000 jeep wrangler TJ
Two tracker
Cheap Thrills

gh0stslay3r

Here are some pictures.

2000 jeep wrangler TJ
Two tracker
Cheap Thrills

TechJeeper

Very NICE!

gh0stslay3r

Thanks! I got it done in about 8 hours I think. I still have to get the rear shocks on the back....
2000 jeep wrangler TJ
Two tracker
Cheap Thrills

TechJeeper

PB Blaster, trust me it helps.