Unheeded Warnings

Started by Yager, February 12, 2008, 09:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

So, when I first came onto this forum, I talked about how I was getting a YJ, and how I convinced my wife to let get it by showing off the capabilities of her Cherokee. During that exchange, which I have not the gusto to look up, one of you warned me, and I paraphrase.. careful how much you get your wife into wheelin', soon she'll want her own rig, and you'll be selling your tired old friend for something new and shiney for her to wheel.. well, I didn't listen. Though I havn't been asked to retire old Red just yet, she has asked me how much another wrangler would cost. Being the money savvy guy I am, (IE: I want to spend money on my jeep, not a new one for her!), I suggested we lift the WJ, put bigger tires on it, and she use that. She said no no, she doesn't want to damage it. And I said I would fix whatever she broke, and that it's warrantied and well insured. Then she said a sun roof isn't really the same as no roof.. So.. I suggested the old bronco down the road from my house.. She said she didn't want a pile of crap bronco, or a crappy toyota, a crumby truck, that she wants a wrangler... So, instead of buying parts. I am saving up for a trail rig for my wife.  :cry:
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

longarm

Ummmm, whats wrong with old Bronco's?  They are awsome.  Granted, it's not a Jeep, but they are indeed awsome.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

NewRide

Told you so lol  ::trout::
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

ouchman

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "NewRide"Told you so lol  ::trout::

x2

signed,

The 2-Jeep family guy
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance