Super Starter Shop [ A+ SERVICE! ]

Started by TechJeeper, March 13, 2008, 02:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

Had to replace another starter on my Jeep today (do not go to a junkyard for a starter, lesson learned).  I called around and the fastest I could get one was "Maybe tomorrow but it might not be arrive till Monday" then I called Super Starter Shop on Dort Hwy.  He said they can rebuild mine for 65 bucks with 1 year warranty (The auto part places wanted 130+ for starters with 1 year warranty).  

I went there, he had one sitting on the counter waiting for me, said "Figured I would save you a trip".  It looked a little different but he said it would work, got it home installed it, and hit the key, it wasn't mating with the flywheel.  

Took it back, not a problem because its like 3 minutes from my house.  He dug around and found one that was idential to mine, had he worker put a solinoid on it and off I went.  Hooked it up, click, click, click... Darn it!

Took it back for the third time, the guy felt really bad because the kid didnt test the solenoid before installing it.  Put a brand new solenoid on it and off I went, installed it and the Jeep roared to life! w00t!

I would defently recommend this place to anyone looking for a new Starter OR Alternator!  The guy in front of me in line got a alternator for 65 bucks, which is a good price on them as well.

/rosie

Mudviper

I came close to using them when my alternator went out. Auto Zone wanted like $150 for a new alternator and another place wanted $250 for a new alternator. Lucky I found one for $45 at the junk yard.

dbikers

Cody, what was wrong with your jeep over the weekend?
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

TechJeeper

Quote from: "dbikers"Cody, what was wrong with your jeep over the weekend?

Oil leak, we are pulling it into Neils garage Saturday night (after 5) and gonna wrench on it, pull the valve cover and do a compression test, ect.

Mudviper

Why are you pulling the head off just to do a compression test? You really don't need to do that just to test the compression.

TechJeeper

Quote from: "Mudviper"Why are you pulling the head off just to do a compression test? You really don't need to do that just to test the compression.

changed it, I mistyped.