Main Menu

tj's

Started by 94_xj_country, June 16, 2008, 04:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94_xj_country

goin to look at acouple this week, one of them im really interested in. what are the major problem area's i should look for? any bad rust area's (besides floors) i should check for? anything mechanicaly i should be looking at?
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Nosilla

Steering gear boxes always leak, Front Track bars always like to work loose. Thats all i can think of. Good luck.

jeepfan1974

round headlights  :o         couldnt resist
Let\'s go wheeling!

naypalm

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"round headlights  :o         couldnt resist
:lol:

Nosilla

He asked for problem areas not postive things. ::trout::

94_xj_country

i did square headlights, they let me down   :cry:
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Nosilla

SEE!!!!!

astrogiblet

Hmm.. The ones I can note, at least with my Jeep:

1) Front sway bar ends where they link to the axle are plastic and if you go over a curb thats too high they will break off (sarcasm).

2) Front steering gear (right under the front bumper) leaks.. Mine has gotten so bad theres a large puddle under my Jeep everyday and I have to refill it everyday..

3) Rear trackbar bushings blow out and then they rattle (Don't know if this is common or not but mine blew out relatively quickly after I started wheeling).

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

I have found that playing with my TJ causes a lot more nagging maintenance issues than playing with my YJ - the better road ride seems to come at the expense of brute strength.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

See Paul you shouldn't have strayed from the Dark side !!
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

jeepfan1974

Quote from: "NewRide"See Paul you shouldn't have strayed from the Dark side !!
x2
Let\'s go wheeling!