OMG!!! Attention All XJ Owners OMG!!!

Started by Mudviper, July 16, 2008, 08:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudviper

Sorry for all the excitment, but Hell just froze over this morning. After 5 years of excuses from Aussie, the finally have a locker for the 8.25 29 spline. The locker is in testing right now and they have it listed on there site. Bad thing is that it cost $300, which is a bit of a dissappointment compared to the cost of their other lockers. It is still cheaper to pick up an Ford 8.8 with a limited slip and any gear ratio you want for around $200 to $300.

Paul Hittie

That's not a terrible price Steve - mine was $279 delivered for Dana 30.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Mudviper

Quote from: "phittie1100"That's not a terrible price Steve - mine was $279 delivered for Dana 30.

It's not a bad price considering that the only other locker made for the 8.25 29 spline is about $400+. And if you are plan on running stock gears this would be a wise by. On the other hand if you plan on changing your gears, you now have the cost of the new gears, the cost of installing the new gears, and the cost of the locker. Now you have close to $800 invested into the axle. A friend of mine just picked up an 8.8 LSD with 4:10 gears from Parts Galore for $200.

naypalm

Good find!

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "Mudviper"
Quote from: "phittie1100"That's not a terrible price Steve - mine was $279 delivered for Dana 30.

It's not a bad price considering that the only other locker made for the 8.25 29 spline is about $400+. And if you are plan on running stock gears this would be a wise by. On the other hand if you plan on changing your gears, you now have the cost of the new gears, the cost of installing the new gears, and the cost of the locker. Now you have close to $800 invested into the axle. A friend of mine just picked up an 8.8 LSD with 4:10 gears from Parts Galore for $200.

I don't speak Cherokee - does any of the bracketry match up, or does it need to be set up w/perches, etc?
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

94_xj_country

Quote from: "phittie1100"
Quote from: "Mudviper"

I don't speak Cherokee - does any of the bracketry match up, or does it need to be set up w/perches, etc?

to swap in an 8.8 you need to move the perches and shock mounts. but you gain rear disks, strength, and can ussually find them with 4.10's and an LSD
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

94_xj_country

the track is really close too, no need to shorten
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org