Summer activities

Started by Paul Hittie, April 20, 2017, 06:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Looking to gauge interest in the following:

1. I have to maintain my CPR/First Aid certification to teach the UFWDA 4WD Awareness program and I expire this year.   Jonathon has never had CPR/AED instruction.  That makes 2 participants.  We probably need 6-8 to make it worth someone's time to come train us.  Anyone interested in participating?  Anyone certified to teach? I specifically need CPR (adult and infant) plus Basic First Aid.

2.  Speaking of 4WD Awareness training, is anyone interested in attending a full day (6 hours or so) class in basic 4wd driving, safe winching & extraction, and trail safety?  The UFWDA 4WD Awareness training is broad enough to give a newbie enough instruction to stay out of trouble, a modestly experienced 4 wheeler the confidence to be a trail leader and coach to newbies, and we usually can find a couple of bad habits to help experienced off highway users "unlearn".  You also ned to participate in this course if you wish to become an instructor yourself.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

RoadBldr

I'd be interested in going thru the 4WD Awareness class again.  Enjoyed the last one a few years ago you held up at R and V....would depend on the Date.

LPM606

I need to Re-Cert first aid/CPR as well.  I looked into doing our own class a year or two back and it was pretty expensive... But we could explore it again if there is enough interest.  I was talking to someone last night about the 4WD training class - we do have a lot of fairly new folks in the club and it might be high time we offered the class again.  I would be willing to instruct with you again, assuming we get the CPR/First Aid recert done!

sweetpickles

I want to do a driving and recovery class.  I don't think my cpr and first aid has expired yet.

Paul Hittie

Let's sit down and pick out a date next weekend while we are sitting around a campfire

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance