Jeep Recall...

Started by astrogiblet, July 19, 2007, 03:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Took my Jeep in today because my tranny blew last night, and they said "While your here theres a recall we're gonna fix for you, just sign here"

I asked him what it had to do with, and he said I might end up getting my PCM reprogrammed and a new catalytic converter?

Anybody know what this is all about? Is this something widely known or what?

-Brandon

Nosilla

never heard about it.

LeePotter

hope you didn't sign anything or if you did u read it all... It would be my luck to sign something saying "I would like to here by cancel my 3 year warranty"   That would be my crap'ola luck.

astrogiblet

Nah, it was just a service contract I signed to allow them to touch my vehicle and it explained what they were going to do to it... I signed the exact same thing for my tranny work too.

-Brandon

GOT ROCKS

If you have an XJ or a ZJ I have heard about it.  actually I have recieved several letters regarding these recalls.

When I called in they told me the same thing.  Once it was to reprogram the ECM and that I would be in and out.  Something due to emissions and helping it run better.

The catalytic converter one is a new one on me but I haven't called about my recent letter that is 2 weeks old.

Hope this helps,
Anthony
RHINO ZJ:
//http://www.rhinozj.com
I <3 my Bacon Pockets!

Nosilla

I got a letter  yesterday for my WJ for the electric fan. i guess the blades like to break off.

astrogiblet

Yea.. He found out that the recall hadn't been fixed on my jeep as soon as he ran the VIN number in his computer.. So its gotta be a TJ thing too..

But hey, a free cat and a PCM reprogram can't be a bad thing.

-Brandon

Nosilla

wonder if they would put a cat back on for me since mine is no longer there.

astrogiblet

So I got a call about my Jeep today. Evidently my warranty is not yet instated. I've been off and on the phone all day and nobody has figured out who's at fault here.

Genesee Valley Dodge said that Joseph didn't send the paper work in yet.

Joseph said it could be Driverz Edge (the warranty company) hasn't processed it yet.

So Joseph called GVD, and then they called DE and that was the last I heard.

They found out that I had blown 2 of my transmission cooling lines and the clamps that are supposed to hold them down. Said it was about $500 worth of work and parts.

Not sure when I'm going to get my Jeep back...

-Brandon

Nosilla

Bummer. It will work out though. :twisted:

astrogiblet

So, called GVD today. They haven't heard anything. Called Joseph, got put on hold for 10 minutes, then was told their finance manager (the lady who's supposed to be taking care of all this shit for me) is busy and I had to leave my name and number.

This is really starting to piss me off.

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Called Joseph yesterday, they said they'd call me back as the finance lady was busy. Never called.

Called Joseph today, same thing. This time I gave the guy on the phone a little piece of my mind. This got things going. Said they'd call me back. Still never called.

This time my dad called them a minute ago. Talked to the General Manager, he apologized profusely. Said this just reached his desk, that they sent out the check last Thursday to the warranty company and said he was checking every hour to see if they had gotten the check yet, and told my dad that they wanted to put me in a rental car. So thats where we are at now. I'm about to leave to go get a rental car from them.

Still don't have a Jeep. :( Maybe they'll give me a rental Jeep. Haha, yea right. Would be cool though.

-Brandon

Nosilla

Lets go wheel the rental then :evil:

astrogiblet

Ha, its a Malibu. Figured it would be something dumb.

I feel so.. gay.. driving this damn car. Especially with "Joseph Courtesy Car" on the side... I can't even speed.

-Brandon

TechJeeper

Quote from: "astrogiblet"Ha, its a Malibu. Figured it would be something dumb.

I feel so.. gay.. driving this damn car. Especially with "Joseph Courtesy Car" on the side... I can't even speed.

-Brandon

w00t you should go race Jitters!  Who would win?  Old "pimped out" Malibu or new "slightly-gay" Malibu?

:-P

Oh, and we can still wheel the f**ker.