Reverse Problem...

Started by astrogiblet, August 24, 2007, 12:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Ok.. Sometimes on deliveries when I try to shift into reverse, nothing will happen. Its like my Jeep hasn't come out of park. I have to put it into drive and then to reverse and it will usually fix itself.

Any ideas what this could be? It is just my shitty tranny being... shitty?

-Brandon

Nosilla

shitty tranny.....that is all... :twisted:

NewRide

Time for a new one !!
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

TechJeeper

lol, I couldnt resist.  Time to take it back and make the dealer fix it!

naypalm

agreed

astrogiblet

Quote from: "Gr8archer"

lol, I couldnt resist.  Time to take it back and make the dealer fix it!

I almost thought about trying to get lemon'ed..

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Quote from: "NewRide"Time for a new one !!

Yea.. I've been talking to Neil and Paul (as in Pam and Paul) about switching to a manual tranny once my warranty expires. Paul (as in Pam and Paul) has a clutch pedal assembly already, I would just need to find a tranny (I've seen them for around $200 on GL4x4, and theres a bunch at Burton Auto), some wiring, and I'd be set..

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

find the output side trans line to the cooler and crimp it closed and go drive it on deliveries all day than neutral drive slam it till it grenades or hook it to a tree and throw it in gear and mash the gas  :o
Let\'s go wheeling!

jeepfan1974

or cut the gas line and throw matches at it
Let\'s go wheeling!

NewRide

Dont even have to cut the gas line ... I have a tool to unhook them  :lol:
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

naypalm

lol, good idea.

Bubba

Wow, You all are HARSH! LOL

Brandon,

If the Trans is acting up anywhere else like 3rd Gear, then I would venture to say the problem is internal. BUT, you said that switching it from R-to -D and back makes it work.... I would bet on it being a Linkage issue.

With that being Said...... I would now let Paul drive it and your problems will be gone...... for ever...  :P

jeepfan1974

thats what i've been telling them breaking things is my specilty  :twisted:
Let\'s go wheeling!