My tranny is pretty well dead now...

Started by astrogiblet, August 29, 2007, 10:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Issues now:

(1) Sitting on a hill, in drive, the tranny will shift into and out of gear

(2) Putting the shifter into neutral, its still in drive

(3) Putting the shifter into reverse, it acts like its in gear (the motor is strained to rev up), but it doesn't go forward or reverse.

(4) It will no longer go into reverse

And the fluid is full.. I've checked it daily.

Went to turn around in my neighbors driveway and the tranny wouldn't shift into reverse, had to bring our van over (truck is in the shop) and the van pulled it back while I kept jiggling the shifter between park and reverse.. finally it popped back far enough for me to be able to pull forward in the street...

So I'm thinking my linkage is broken/bent like Bubba said? I'm sure this isn't covered by my warranty, as its not an "internally lubricated part".

So I'm fucked, once again. I need to get this fixed, any suggestions would be great on what to do.

And once I get it working again, I'm going to tow strap the damn thing to a tree and just burn out till the tranny overheats and dies.

-Brandon

Nosilla

:lol: burn out :lol:  is that possible to do.

94_xj_country

if you strap it to a tree and try to burn out until the trans deis, your first break probably wont be in the trans, my guess would be a u-joint or axle breakage before tranny (haha, i said tranny)
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

astrogiblet

So I checked out the linkage today. Everything appears to be very solid. A little slop but nothing this major.

I was thinking.. I think I might have actually gotten the tranny stuck in drive. Even when I'm in park, the tranny is still in gear... It wont go out of gear for anything.

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

you know if this wasnt a jeep site that subject heading would sound really bad            :lol:
Quote from: "astrogiblet"Issues now:

(1) Sitting on a hill, in drive, the tranny will shift into and out of gear

(2) Putting the shifter into neutral, its still in drive

(3) Putting the shifter into reverse, it acts like its in gear (the motor is strained to rev up), but it doesn't go forward or reverse.

(4) It will no longer go into reverse

And the fluid is full.. I've checked it daily.

Went to turn around in my neighbors driveway and the tranny wouldn't shift into reverse, had to bring our van over (truck is in the shop) and the van pulled it back while I kept jiggling the shifter between park and reverse.. finally it popped back far enough for me to be able to pull forward in the street...

So I'm thinking my linkage is broken/bent like Bubba said? I'm sure this isn't covered by my warranty, as its not an "internally lubricated part".

So I'm fucked, once again. I need to get this fixed, any suggestions would be great on what to do.

And once I get it working again, I'm going to tow strap the damn thing to a tree and just burn out till the tranny overheats and dies.

-Brandon
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"you know if this wasnt a jeep site that subject heading would sound really bad            :lol:

Hahahaha! I can't stop laughing about that! Didn't even notice!

-Brandon