Go Topless Day 2013

Started by LPM606, January 25, 2013, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

Well, As I suspected, the folks at Allthingsjeep.com have announced May 18th as the official date for Go Topless Day this year.  So we will be up in Atlant for Trail Maintenance once again!  We actually had a good time last year with the cookout back at Clear Lake State Campground after our day of maintenance, so I am game for the same thing this year.  Any thoughts on how to jazz it up a bit?  Make it more of an "event" so to speak?

J's Jeep

Quote from: LPM606 on January 25, 2013, 07:48:23 PM
Well, As I suspected, the folks at Allthingsjeep.com have announced May 18th as the official date for Go Topless Day this year.  So we will be up in Atlant for Trail Maintenance once again!  We actually had a good time last year with the cookout back at Clear Lake State Campground after our day of maintenance, so I am game for the same thing this year.  Any thoughts on how to jazz it up a bit?  Make it more of an "event" so to speak?

Could incorporate an elk watching tour in the early evening.

NewRide

"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

LPM606

I think we have seen elk twice in like 12 trips up there... that is not great odds!

J's Jeep

You don't find them at Microbrews...

LPM606

Ha, ha... Very true, but sadly there is no good beer in Atlanta...

Paul Hittie

Quote from: LPM606 on January 30, 2013, 10:51:51 AM

Never heard of a six pack?  It's this new fangled way to carry up to six of your favorite beers at the same time!  Truly amazing technology, might even work in the Atlanta area.  I have seen purported spy photos of a 12 pack, but I am just not ready to believe technology has advanced that far yet.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

Quote from: LPM606 on January 30, 2013, 10:51:51 AM

lol.. You could grab a growler or four on the way to Atlanta at BARTS.

LPM606

Silly me... All kinds of good beer options I had left completely off the table... I may be forced to turn in my Michigan Brewers Guild Enthusiast membership card...

LPM606

At the meeting last night I asked if anybody was interested in ordering Go Topless day shirts from all things jeep for this year.  If we order 12 items we would qualify for the club discount of 40% off - Check out their website - there are unisex t's, women's v-necks, coffee mugs, hoodies, tire covers, etc.  With the 40% off, regular t-shirts would cost us $11.40 each.  Browse the website and post up what you want to order and we'll see if we can get 12 items together and make the order with club funds and have everybody reimburse us when at the may meeting. 

Paul Hittie

In - XL and S

Sent from my electronic tether

Backcountry

We live up here in Atlanta. Thanks to your club for your trail cleanups! We might be able to show your group some elk if you are interested. They are getting harder to view each year due to less crops planted for them to group up at. Some of our jeepin friends are camping at clear lake also, so hopefully we can meet up with your group. Thanks again for what you do!

J's Jeep

Thanks Backcountry.
I would look forward to a guided elk tour as that is the second reason I am going on the trail cleanup weekend.

Paul Hittie

We have bumped into elk on the trails during our maintenance runs a couple of times over the years, but it would be cool to have someone along who knows the places to find them.

Sent from my electronic tether

StingRay66

xl and 2xl please
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace