2013 Creekfest Parade, 6-29-13 Downtown Ortonville

Started by Paul Hittie, June 24, 2013, 06:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Hey guys - posted this over on GLFWDA and go no response, anyone up for a parade?

The Ortonville DDA has invited us to participate in their 2013 Creekfest celebration on June 29, 2013.

"This is a two day event with a carnival, contests, bed races, entertainment, food, vendors and fireworks on Saturday night.
It all kicks off with a parade on Saturday June 29th at 10:00am. The parade route is only about 1/3 mile and will take about 15 minutes to complete the route. From check in (9-9:50am) to completion of the parade for each participant would be about an hour (from check in to their end of the parade)."

They have invited us to bring six vehicles for the parade, plus additional folks walking the route to hand out flyers, candy for the kids, etc. However, they were very specific about their expectations for the vehicles that participate - no loud/smokey/over rich exhausts, no visible leaks, and most importantly clean and shiny. While this may seem a bit picky, please remember they are inviting us to their event, and will provide us with a good PR opportunity.

If interested post here, send me a PM or e-mail. If you can show up in either GLFWDA shirt, GLFWDA member club shirt, or GLFWDA-sponsored event shirt, even better. I will work with Ed and Wayne to make sure we have flyers available. If you want to take the opportunity to purchase a GLFWDA shirt for the event let me know and we will see if we can get a supply on hand that day to save on individual shipping charges.

Also, raise your hand if you are in/near Oakland County and have one of our banners - I know Wayne has one on the west side and Jeff has one up in the St Helen area, but I lost track of the third one - let me know.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

J's Jeep

Sounds like a good time but after 2 back-to-back road trips(Pennsylvania & Delaware) I am looking soooo forward to hanging out on my pontoon in the middle of Jehnsen lake with a cooler of cold beer!  Friday can't get here fast enough!!!  :)

StingRay66

Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

LPM606

I can come with Junior and my GLFWDA T-Shirt.  I can also try to arrange to meet Wayne somewhere Wednesday night to get a GLFWDA banner.  Not sure if we would want to hand out a whole lot of our limited supply of flyers to "random" parade goers where there is very low likelihood of anyone joining... perhaps have a few for each person to give out if anyone inquires about who we are?  Just my .02...

Just texted the info to Mark to see if he would want to bring the Rubi...

Update - Mark & the Rubi are in...

LPM606

Although I have to say - All things being equal I'd rather be on the "USS Code 11" with Jim on the lake...

Yellow TJ

I'm stilling boycotting hooter fest. Since they closed down the beer tent in the late eighties! Dave

Paul Hittie

Fletcher Intermediate School on South Red 9:30 am for registration and line up

Sent from my electronic tether

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

StingRay66

Do we have a banner? How long is it call me I might have a way to display it!!
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

LPM606

thanks to Mark & Family, Paul, Russ, (and me) for attending the Parade Saturday. I haven't been in a parade since I was a boyscout, so it was kinda cool.  The organizers got a shot of us before we started out - I'd love to see how that came out.