Breaker Breaker 19. Newbie installs a CB.

Started by alan6271, December 02, 2014, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

They also come in very handy in Ontario, like for Gitchee Gumee - the terrain is so rugged that frequently the leader can't reach the sweep on CB, and there is no cell service up there
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

Off to take my test in the morning! I will report back tomorrow...

LPM606

Passed this morning!  Three club members down... Who's next?

Ed

bullhed78

I need to get off my dead lazy ass and do it.

LPM606

That hamtestonline site is really nice and made it fairly simple to pass the test... and I actually learned a lot of stuff that I never knew before, but of course you miss the "practical" aspects of actually working with a radio and such, so I still may sign of for an actual class or at least get a book or something...

alan6271

IF you guys vote me in.  I'll do it. 
Congratulations on passing.  These government tests can be tricky.

I remember when I took my IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) test I learned more than I did in the college class and the ground school. 
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

LPM606

So, you are a pilot?  That is pretty cool... Wondering how you tow the Jeep, though...

alan6271

Quote from: LPM606 on December 21, 2014, 07:48:28 AM
So, you are a pilot?  That is pretty cool... Wondering how you tow the Jeep, though...

VERY CAREFULLY!

In all actuality I'm not current with my license.  that's what I went to college for and I have a lot of hours but....kids changed all that.
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!