Making a custom driveshaft?

Started by Mudviper, October 19, 2007, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudviper

Has anyone here had dealing with American Body & Equipment with making or working on their driveshafts? I had them do work on a driveshaft about 18 years ago for my Power Wagon, but I only had it for a short time before it got totaled and never really got to test out the driveshaft they made. I had a brainstorm for some reason while on lunch today and came up with a couple of ideas on making a custom CV driveshaft without having to install a SYE kit in my transfer case. Thought about going to American Body since they are just down the street to prototype for me, but am not to sure of their quality.

Thanks
Steve

NewRide

Thats right off Dort near 69 right ? If so they do good work. I had them rebuild my drive shaft awhile back. Its in my buddies Jeep now and is still holding up behind a V-8
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Mudviper

Yeah.. it is the place off of Dort by I-69

NewRide

The one shaft they rebuilt for me is still on the road so ..... I would say they do good wok or at least I would go back .
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

jeepfan1974

i dont know about them but dts does all that kind of stuff  too
Let\'s go wheeling!