Main Menu

Cb

Started by Denis, October 20, 2015, 05:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis

I am looking at getting a CB. Does any one use the Cobra 75 wxst? What is the best small CB ?

Yellow TJ

I have all Cobras, big old ones and love them, but Ed's uniden talks real nice. Don't buy a fire stick antenna, just saying.

alan6271

I have a Cobra 75 wxst.

I have a firestick on a spring mounted on a driver side brake light mount.  My Jeep is a TJ and in hind sight I should have gotten the 15FT cable instead of the 9FT.  The shorter cable dictated where the little box the microphone connects to sits.  Under the driver seat is just begging for a good drowning but I figure when that happens I'll get another one and a 15FT cable.

You can lookup my write up on it I did a year ago.  "Newbie installs a CB".  I have information on it about what I wish I would have done different and where things went south.

No matter what you do, tune the antennae.  I have a tuner if you want to use it.

Alan
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

alan6271

if you type "cb" in the search it will bring up the write up I did.

I will say sound quality is fantastic. 
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

Ken

I have had a few  Unidens and they are good, no problems.  I have a Midland now with a Cobra power mike.  I liked the Unidens more.  The antenna is more important than the CB as far as sending a signal.  My power mike helps compensate for my poor antenna.  You should be able to get a good CB for less than $50.00.  The smaller they are, the easer they are to mount.
Ken

2014 Copper Head Jeep JK Willys Wheeler with 3 inch lift, Front E-locker, Rear Limited Slip.
Warn Wench and Bumpers. 315 tires.

bullhed78

I have the Cobra 75 and a tunable firestick. Works good for what it's for. It's not near as powerful as a peaked and tuned full size radio with whip but it's way better than the walkie talkie style cb's.

Paul Hittie

I use a $35 Cobra 19 from WalMart hooked to a 4' Fire Stick II.  My new radio mount sits on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, my antenna mounts to a Teraflex mount that sits behind the tail light.  On the TJs we benefit greatly by adding a ground wire to the mount, not sure about the JK though.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

Can't beat a wilson 1000. It's well worth the $80+ pricetag.

welderman85

I use a uniden 510xl it is small and works good. I like it for the price