Opinions on this lift?

Started by rallykid, February 18, 2009, 07:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

I was looking at going with a 2 inch spacer lift and some decent shocks which was going to run me about $230. I found the rough country 2.5 inch coils with 2.2 shocks for $270.  Any thoughts on this or would I be better off going with spacers? Also is there anything I am going to need that is not included here?

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_2.html

Obviously a suspension lift is generally better but if this is a crappy product then I would rather go with the spacers for now and if I decide to go up more then purchase a better lift down the road.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Nosilla

everything you need is there.

4x4x4JK

I have heard good things about this kit made for the JK.

You may also want to take a look at Zone Off Road to see what they have available.  They are a division of BDS but priced much lower.  All of their stuff is made in Michigan also.

rallykid

Thanks.  I wasn't sure if there is anything else I should be adding to avoid problems.  

I think I got the wife to agree.  I have been bumping up 1/4" at a time.  First it was the 1 3/4 spacers which I had to talk her into, then 2 inch, then 2 1/4 so when I mentioned the 2 1/2 and all she asked was price.  ::woot::

Probably shouldn't mention the 1 inch bodylift that is coming later until after I get this one installed........ :mrgreen:

Neil, I see a lot of pizza, beer and an annoying guy with a black LJ in your future.  :mrgreen:

rallykid

Quote from: "4x4x4JK"I have heard good things about this kit made for the JK.

You may also want to take a look at Zone Off Road to see what they have available.  They are a division of BDS but priced much lower.  All of their stuff is made in Michigan also.

Thanks, I checked them out but nothing in a 2 1/2". Their 3 inch is $190 more than the 2 1/2 from RC. $190 for a half inch difference is a lot and the wallet just can't take it right now with all of the other stuff I have planned.

4x4x4JK

Quote from: "rallykid"Thanks, I checked them out but nothing in a 2 1/2". Their 3 inch is $190 more than the 2 1/2 from RC. $190 for a half inch difference is a lot and the wallet just can't take it right now with all of the other stuff I have planned.

I'd pay $190 for an extra 1/2".  Oh you were talking about the lift.... ::ouch::  ::trout::  :lol:

Paul Hittie

I think if I were doing it over again I would not buy BDS springs - they have a great reputation, great warranty, great customer service, MI-based operations, and very stiff spring rates compared to many others.  My butt votes for something softer next time.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

I have heard good things about there coils. Maybe there leafs are stiff though.

And the shocks i have that are BDS i really like.

Paul Hittie

Actually, my BDS leafs for the YJ were fantastic - rode like a Cadillac.  The stiff springs I was referring to were the coils.

Are we anywhere near the original topic, I lost track somewhere?  Sorry   ::trout::
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

Isn't that normal to get off track?  ::trout::

rallykid

Quote from: "Nosilla"Isn't that normal to get off track?  ::trout::

No, we are all a very focused group and address the task and question at hand.  Now back to the topic, which one, pie or cake? Wait......what? :?

Nosilla

Pie.

4x4x4JK

Cake...Chocolate...BDS...Rough Country...Huh?

jeepfan1974

mmmm sprinkles
Let\'s go wheeling!

rallykid