Offroading Helpful Hints:

Started by Mudviper, November 10, 2007, 09:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudviper

Not sure where to exactly post this, but here are a couple of offroading tips that I picked up over the past few years. If you have any good tips, feel free to post them up too.

Tip #1:
Before going to your favorite mud hole, put a nice coat of cooking spray like PAM on your vehicle. This will help prevent the mud from sticking to the vehicle and makes for an easy washing. It also leaves a nice shiny appearance after washing.

Tip #2:
For those people that have winches on their vehicles. You can take a hockey puck, drill out a 3/4 to 1" hole (depending on your cable size), take the hook off the end of the cable, thread the cable through the hole in the puck, reinstall the hook and now you have a nice cheap winch saver. You can reel your winch all the way up to the roller flares without having to hook the cable to something on your vehicle. With a little modification to the puck, you can also add some weight to it and use it as a cable surpressent so in the event your cable snaps, it will drop to the ground and not come flying back at your.

jeepfan1974

i have a tip   dont follow me as i dont know where i'm going
i also don't check the depth of mud holes :D
Let\'s go wheeling!