I Made It!

Started by astrogiblet, January 30, 2008, 12:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

... Down to Georgia..

Its pretty sweet down here. About half the vehicles I see on the road are lifted Jeeps or Trucks. Even most of the dealerships around here have about half their vehicles come lifted brand new. Its pretty sweet. I've also noticed almost every truck down here has a CB antenna on it. A lot of cars too.

Its weird, driving off the road is nothing to people around here. At my moms school there are trails leading around the school through the sand and weeds from people driving over them so much. I've even seen police cars driving through them, and at one part the school put cones out to guide traffic through the sand instead of building a road from one parking lot to the other. At another local school the student parking area is on the front grass in front of the school building and teacher parking is on the grassy field in a fenced in area next to the baseball field. Next to one of the shopping malls in the city I am staying in theres a big building, a fenced in area behind it, about 25 feet of empty space, then some tree's and a pond. I have seen several vehicles drive the 400 or 500 feet behind this building into the next parking lot over, and this is on well groomed dirt and grass, and includes driving up over curbs.. Its like the norm around here.. And if your driving down the road and suddenly want to turn around.. don't worry, just drive off onto the shoulder and turn around, no backing up required. This is done VERY VERY often.. I see it all the time. I've even seen a few semi trucks get fed up with traffic so they drive down the side of the grass/dirt median in the middle of surface streets.

The camp I'm staying at is about 300 yards down the road from a massive logging operation. In fact, there are massive logging operations all over this area of GA. And theres tons of trails. I haven't tried any of them yet, as I'm not sure of the laws down here and what not.. but I have seen some groups of jeeps and trucks come off the road that most of the logging trails come off of looking dirty/muddy and I'm assuming thats the only place they could have gone.

Once I can afford a winch I might go check some out, but I think the club should make a trip down here! Its only 950ish miles.. thats like what.. 20 hours pulling a jeep?  :D

-Brandon

94_xj_country

check local ordinances before driving off the road, and make sure you do so on purpose. congrats on getting down there, there's some pretty country out there
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

longarm

Quote from: "94_xj_country"check local ordinances before driving off the road, and make sure you do so on purpose. congrats on getting down there, there's some pretty country out there

Great advice.  See if you can find a local DNR officer or any local cop might be able to point you in the right direction.  Good Luck down there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."