Let\'s go wheeling!

naypalm

cool!

astrogiblet

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"wtf?

x2

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

In that one picture he is driving past a building with a bright yellow awning - I thought he had a big canoe on top!

Looks good - but I saw it sitting over at 2 Track Minds O/R, is it still having issues?
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

astrogiblet

Ha, yea. I just glanced at the second picture and thought he had a canoe on top too.

-Brandon

Nosilla

I believe he has most of the bugs worked out now. I saw it on Wednesday out there.

naypalm

I would so like to go up there right now... I love it by the bridge.

Anonymous

I'm sorry but that guy bugs me.  I understand that he wants to build an awesome rig, but let's be honest here, where is that REALLY useful in Michigan?  It's not like he is off to hard core rock crawling places to really use it.

If you build it just to show it off that doesn't do much for me (well, except for the 84 that hogs up my garage, but rumor has it that it is going to Silver Lake........ :ugeek: )

Now, if he actually wheels it outside of courses developed and owned by 4x4 shops then I might be impressed.....

Nosilla

I know he has wheeled the heck out of it. He goes someplace almost every weekend.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nosilla"I know he has wheeled the heck out of it. He goes someplace almost every weekend.

Yep, he wheels the hell out of that thing.  

(Someone didn't do their homework)

GOT ROCKS

I respect everyone's opinion, and thanks to whom ever took the pics at Ignace.  It is interesting to see it from someone elses camera.

Let me start by saying the reason you will see it up at 2 Track Minds Off-Road is because I am their Sales and Marketing Manager.  The only other reason you will see it in the garage is because we keep adding little upgrades to it or fine tuning the suspension.  We just put Coil Overs on the front and it isn't all dialed in yet.  As for the HEMI install it went without a hitch.  Runs and drives great.  Drove it the whole weekend up in Ignace.  (the reason you will see it trailered for a while is because it isn't registered yet)

The reason I was even in Ignace, was because I was actually invited to be a "Feature Vehicle" in their car show.  Only 30 people get this honor and GM Performance was the sponsor for this part.  My rig was placed in over 30K copies of one of the local papers up there that was distruibuted during the show.

As for how it looks and why it was built.  Thanks to Nosilla for a little back up, but it was built for function.  I have 4 events coming up that it will get some wheeling abuse.  It was built to play with, but because it is the only ZJ with an exocage and a HEMI in it in the world, it is getting a little attention right now, and far be it for me to say to no to potential sponsors and events that invite me to participate.

I am currently sponsored by 3 vendors right now and plan on getting sponsored by a few more with in a couple of months.  So keep watching as some major upgrades are going to presneting themselves real soon.

I thank everyone who likes it and respect everyone who has an opinion about it.  It isn't everyone's cup of tea, but keep in mind that it wasn't built for you.  It was built for me.

The other reason it hasn't had much trail time is, it has been getting upgrade after upgrade.  So not much time to go do anything.  But as I mentioned before, I have 4 major events scheduled in the next few months and hope to get some wheeling time in then.

Thanks,
Anthony
RHINO ZJ:
//http://www.rhinozj.com
I <3 my Bacon Pockets!

naypalm

Quote from: "GOT ROCKS"The reason I was even in Ignace, was because I was actually invited to be a "Feature Vehicle" in their car show.  Only 30 people get this honor and GM Performance was the sponsor for this part.  My rig was placed in over 30K copies of one of the local papers up there that was distruibuted during the show.

As for how it looks and why it was built.  Thanks to Nosilla for a little back up, but it was built for function.  I have 4 events coming up that it will get some wheeling abuse.  It was built to play with, but because it is the only ZJ with an exocage and a HEMI in it in the world, it is getting a little attention right now, and far be it for me to say to no to potential sponsors and events that invite me to participate.

Thats pretty cool! I'd like to take a look at it sometime if your ever in the area.

astrogiblet

Quote from: "NayPalm[Maker"]
Quote from: "GOT ROCKS"The reason I was even in Ignace, was because I was actually invited to be a "Feature Vehicle" in their car show.  Only 30 people get this honor and GM Performance was the sponsor for this part.  My rig was placed in over 30K copies of one of the local papers up there that was distruibuted during the show.

Thats pretty cool! I'd like to take a look at it sometime if your ever in the area.

According to his other post, he'll be at the 4x4 show.. you'll be there right Matt?

-Brandon