Milo Route

Started by Paul Hittie, May 10, 2014, 02:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Anybody remember the first year we did trail maintenance at Mio?  There was a small section to the east of the main part of the route that took us several trips to open up enough to get a fill size truck through.  I went up there with Ryan and his family for their first trip as the new maintenance team for Mio.  That whole area has been cut - still some trees left but you would not recognize the trail today.

Sent from my electronic tether

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

That was before my time, but it is always disorienting when they clear cut trails... and disheartening now that I think of it!

Yellow TJ

Clear cutting is good forest management.

NewRide

Yea that's where my daughter at age 14 decided bouncing off rocks with my nerf bars was fun ... SMH . Now that there isn't any trees around there can we pick that route back up ??
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Paul Hittie

You don't happen to have a copy of the pic with the kids from the end of the day do you?  I think you were already gone by then...or maybe Jessica didn't want to get in the pic with the little kids?  I don't remember her being in the pic I am looking for

Sent from my electronic tether

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

I thought I had one in my photobucket account ... trying to log back into that is starting to be a challenge !
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."

NewRide

Nope no Mio photos ... Did find these pix from the Badlands ! http://s99.photobucket.com/user/NewRide/library/Badlands%202007

LPM606

Cool pics from the badlands - that trip had happened a month or so before I came to my first meeting of the club... Neat to see some of the "old" members in there...

Yellow TJ

The "What Lies Beyond" flag is cool, we need to get some!

naypalm

Quote from: Yellow TJ on May 15, 2014, 08:37:08 AM

I believe Cody was the one who made it :)

NewRide

Quote from: LPM606 on May 15, 2014, 08:26:37 AM
Cool pics from the badlands - that trip had happened a month or so before I came to my first meeting of the club... Neat to see some of the "old" members in there...

Who you calling OLD LOL

LPM606

Ha... I knew that didn't sound quite right...- I guess "past members" is what I was trying to say... Neil, John, Chris, Todd (that I recognized)

TechJeeper

Quote from: naypalm on May 15, 2014, 03:35:07 PM
Quote from: Yellow TJ on May 15, 2014, 08:37:08 AM

I believe Cody was the one who made it :)

It was two defective shirts - hooked to a piece of PVC pipe that fit over a FireStick.

StingRay66

Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace