What did you do to your JEEP today?

Started by dbikers, September 16, 2007, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Nothing wrong with Rough Country Shocks as long as you don't have any fillings in your teeth that you want to keep.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

rallykid

Everyone said the new 2.2 shocks rode so much better than the old ones and were raving about them. After riding on the new ones I think I would rather take a bullet to the head than try the old ones if these are a lot better. What were the old ones, solid steel pipe cut to length?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Nosilla

Quote from: "rallykid"What were the old ones, solid steel pipe cut to length?

That could be arranged. ::trout::

rallykid

Quote from: "Nosilla"
Quote from: "rallykid"What were the old ones, solid steel pipe cut to length?

That could be arranged. ::trout::

Use soft steel, they might be smoother. I see Bilsteins in my future......
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Nosilla

Those cost to much IMO. I love the ride of my BDS shocks. They are $45.00 cheaper and are made in Michigan. With a life time warranty to boot.

Just my 2 cents.

jeepfan1974

the difference is huge though when i put them on my sandrail  (10 years ago )   i replaced my koni shocks with the bilstiens they allowed me to hit way bigger jumps and survive my buddie had the same setup as i whith the koni shocks he could not keep up in the trails after the swap and the ride is still awesome on 10 year old shocks
Let\'s go wheeling!

TechJeeper

Let see, I dropped lots-o-cash on mine today...  Fed up with my sloppy front end...

Bought this:

New HD tie rod and drag link with ends

A set of these for the front to replace my blown out Rough Country:
BDS Shocks

And a new shinny adjustable trackbar by BDS:

Now the fun starts when the items come in lol.

longarm

I put my baby up on Autotrader today.  I could f#*king cry right now.  When it sells, Matt and I are going to have a funeral for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

4x4x4JK

Quote from: "longarm"I put my baby up on Autotrader today.  I could f#*king cry right now.  When it sells, Matt and I are going to have a funeral for it.

Wouldn't a going away party be more fitting?  It's not going up in flames or offna cliff, right?

longarm

Quote from: "4x4x4JK"
Quote from: "longarm"I put my baby up on Autotrader today.  I could f#*king cry right now.  When it sells, Matt and I are going to have a funeral for it.

Wouldn't a going away party be more fitting?  It's not going up in flames or offna cliff, right?

Naaa, a funeral will be in order since it will be gone forever from my garage.   All I'm gonna feel is ::ouch::
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

jeepfan1974

Let\'s go wheeling!

jeepfan1974

Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

After listening to the wear wires drag on my disc brakes for a week, I stopped in at Advanced Auto this week and picked up rotors, pads and misc supplies.  Spent all day yesterday cleaning the garage so I had room to work, and started after breakfast this morning.  Pulled the front wheels....but the brakes were in good shape?  I pulled everyrthing apart, right down to pulling the shafts to make sure the u-joints were good - nothing.  I put it all back together again, rechecking everything again as I went.  I couldn't find anything.  I backed out of the garage, and the noise was still there.

About then it occurred to me that maybe I should have checked the rear disk brakes first......
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

ricochet1987

changing the rear yoke and putting driveshaft back on. then driving back to owosso to change the ujoints in the front shaft and then a spark plug and whole tune up!! im so happy with my new yj!!
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

ricochet1987

I changed the spark plugs, put in a new rear yoke on my rear diff, changed the ujoints for the rear driveshaft, changed plug wires, changed distributor cap and rotor, changed oil, filled up rear diff with axle fluid, changed radiator and forgot i gotta bleed the air out because there was an air pocket that wasn't letting the antifreeze get past the thermostat, changed thermostat, put seafoam and engine restore stuff in the crankcase and the vaccum hose. took me all of about 6 and a half hours!!! So my jeep is ready for the trails and for sundays meeting. All i need now is a new vaccum hose, and front driveshaft ujoints replaced!
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!