Two Trackers Clean-up 2012

Started by LPM606, March 05, 2012, 07:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogolen

If I don't have to work Saturday, I'm planning on making it out.  Couple of questions, what do I need to bring, and where's everyone staying at?

Paul Hittie

For the cleanup, you don't need anything - many of the sites can be accessed with a car, but a truck or a truck pulling a trailer is useful.  You can also show up and ride along with someone else.  They provide lunch and a pair of work gloves.

Mark, Ed and I are staying up at Silver Lake State Park, about 1/2 hour north of the cleanup.  If you are doing a hotel thing, there are discounted rooms available at the Ramada Inn in Whitehall under GLFWDA.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

StingRay66

i got a room for $70 a night, for Fri & Sat at the Comfort Inn just off the e-way
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

gogolen

Well, looks like I have to work tomorrow after all.  I really wanted to go too!  No work sunday though any chance I can meet up with you guys at silver lake?

StingRay66

Quote from: gogolen on April 20, 2012, 01:00:15 PM
Well, looks like I have to work tomorrow after all.  I really wanted to go too!  No work sunday though any chance I can meet up with you guys at silver lake?
Sure I don't know how long we'll be here call somebody later tomorrow for time and place. I'm at the comfort Inn at the E-way between Hart and the dunes I'll pm my no.
Russ

StingRay66

Well it was a good day, 120 some people picked-up close to 700 tires and about 100 cubic yards of trash tomorrow Ed, Mark, Paul, Ryan, and I get to play on the dunes
Russ

LPM606

Thank you to Paul H, Mark, Russ, & Doug for giving WLB a strong presence at the clean-up this year.  I think some of the two trackers I talked to we glad to see the support from across the state!  I'm glad we made it and it was a very productive day as Russ noted.  The GLFWDA meeting also had decent attnedance (maybe 25 people?) and was productive.  Of course, a few hours of play time at the dunes today was also a treat. Our newest member, Ryan, wound up having to work saturday but drove out today to meet us at silver lake - his first time at the dunes! Thanks again to everyone who made it out. 

StingRay66

Quote from: StingRay66 on April 21, 2012, 10:47:37 PM
Well it was a good day, 120 some people picked-up close to 700 tires and about 100 cubic yards of trash tomorrow Ed, Mark, Paul, Ryan, and I get to play on the dunes

Buy the way that was 786 tires
Russ