Muddy Buddy's 4x4 Covered Bridge Run

Started by LPM606, April 06, 2012, 09:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

In the spirng 2011 issue of the boondocker, available at: http://www.glfwda.org/content.php?4-boondocker-library there is an article from Doug Saul about the Muddy Buddy's Covered Bridge Road Rally from last year.  It takes place south of Dayton, Ohio and it looked like a pretty neat trip and it supports the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. This years event is Saturday June 16th.  We really wanted to do this trip last year and it didn't work out with our schedule.  It looks like we can probably go this year.  It is far enough down into Ohio that you will likely want to drive down Friday night and you could either drive home saturday after the rally or stay for another night and enjoy the after party.  This is not a true "trail ride" - mostly on roads but there are some small stream crossing ands hill climbs along the way.  The trip includes 11 covered bridges in the area and runs about 100 miles.  Anybody else interested?  It might be a good alternative for folks who can't make the silver lake trip the following weekend (which includes us, I believe)Check out the article and lets get a group together to caravan down. 

StingRay66

I saw that last night and was talking to the wife about it and we are very intrested ....but its the day before my Daughter-in-law-to-be's wedding shower... soooo it proable ain't gonna happen for us this year!
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

LPM606

If I recall, it wrapped up in the late afternoon.  Folks stuck around to wheel a bit at some farmer's property that allowed the to go on it and there was some type of after or something, but you could probably cut out and be home by 10:00 at the latest saturday night...

NewRide

<~~~~ Doesn't get a boondockers ... But the trip does sound like fun !
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

LPM606

They are supposed to be mailed to every GLFWDA member... If you are not getting one PM evilqueen over on GLFWDA.org and she will update you address or whatever.  In the meantime, they are posted in a low res format over on glfwda.org... Did that link I included work?

hemrides

Please let me know if anyone is going to attend next year.  THis looks like a nice ride and the bridges will be great to see.  It appears some were bulit during the Civil War era.  I know it is a bit early, but planning a is good thing.

Thanks,
Dave

LPM606

I don't think anybody made it this year again... it does look like a cool trip!