Jeep Jamboree at Drummond Island

Started by Herezja, February 26, 2009, 08:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

Is anyone planning to sign up for the Drummond Island Jamboree this year? I am trying to talk the wife into it.

BTW: If our club is selected to provide trail guides, I will gladly volunteer my services  :D

//www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/

//www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=JJUSA0914E&Category_Code=E

Paul Hittie

Mike Olmsted is the MI Jamboree coordinator - great guy to work with (member of GLFWDA Land Use Committee).  His trail guides are hand picked from folks he is familiar with, and are familiar with the island.  I have never attended one, but have met foilks who have and they had a good time.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Herezja

Well....I just thought I would throw it out there.  :mrgreen:

Melissa has already responded that she wants to go, so we will probably sign up this week sometime. Let me know if you hear of anyone else that might be going.

::Jeep::

4x4x4JK

We went last year and had a great time.  The event is very well organized.  The cost is high, but definitely worth it.  Get a cheap cabin because you will rarely be out of your Jeep.  We cannot go this year, but I may try to get away just myself and go.

Herezja

Quote from: "4x4x4JK"We went last year and had a great time.  The event is very well organized.  The cost is high, but definitely worth it.  Get a cheap cabin because you will rarely be out of your Jeep.  We cannot go this year, but I may try to get away just myself and go.

I haven't looked into quite all the details yet. Is there camping available? We may just tent it for this one!

4x4x4JK

Yes, but it is pretty cold at night.  LAst year we had some incredible thunderstorms one night, too.

FYI, it is the same weekend as the WLB Silver Lake trip.  I realized this after I posted before and will most likely be at Silver Lake.

TechJeeper

Quote from: "4x4x4JK"and will most likely be at Silver Lake.

Word is JKs can fly.  Should be a blast!

4x4x4JK

Quote from: "Gr8archer"
Quote from: "4x4x4JK"and will most likely be at Silver Lake.

Word is JKs can fly.  Should be a blast!

Even my minivan?????

Nosilla

Yup minivans fly nice and flat.

Paul Hittie

Don't tell Deb, the front end of the LJ has never been the same since she launched it a few years back.  We need at least one Jeep that still works!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

rulman

Yes camping is available, we camped during the 07 jamboree and it worked out great, we were about 15 minutes from breakfast and camped about a minute from the water.

NewRide

I had a few links to camping ... but now I don't know where there are . I Papin's is a great place to stay ! Heres a great site ...

http://www.michigan.org/Places-to-Stay/ ... city=G2986
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)