Last Sunday In February

Started by LPM606, January 16, 2012, 06:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

The last couple of years Paul H has lead a "I need a break from tax season" run on the last Sunday in February.  It is on our calendar again for this year... Any thoughts on where you want to go, Paul?  Are we heading up to West Branch/St Helen again, or did you have anything else in mind?  I am not positive if I will be open for that date or not, but I figured we might as well start a thread...

Paul Hittie

No preference on where but I have definitely enjoyed the break the last couple of years.  Definitely on my to-do list.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

hmmmmm let me see if we are working that Sat ...
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

LPM606

I know Paul won a pass to Bundy Hill at SnoFari... Maybe make this a trip to Bundy Hill?  I guess we would have to see if they are open or are willing to open if we get enough rigs together... This will be here before we know it.  Who is up for it?

Sorry for Hijacking you Paul - if you are not up for it, let us know what you want to do...I'm just trying to make sure we maintain some traction...

Paul Hittie

Bundy Hill is not open on that Sunday.  Neither is Rocks and Valleys, although we could talk Ron into it if we put a group of a half-dozen or so together.

I wouldn't mind heading back to West Branch - there are parts of the official trail map for SnoFari that I have never seen, and you know what happens when I go exploring, right?   :o

LPM606

Works for me... Maybe we'll even have a little more snow by then...

Paul Hittie

I ran into Zach (chargerlover) at lunch today, and he was asking questions about this trip - I forgot to update the post with the details that have developed over the last few weeks.

We are heading to the Rau Rd/Dunham Lake Rd area to explore a spot on the SnoFari/SnoBlind trail maps called "Edge of the World".  I have never been down that way not sure if any of the others joining us have either, so again we will be exploring as we lay down some GPS tracks.  Plan is to leave town around 8, leave WB WalMart around 10am, and hit the road for home by like 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

So the story goes like this - CEL pops on last night heading home from work.  I stopped in at my local Autozone (fixed) to get it checked out, and saw a familiar Jeep in the parking lot - turns out Zach works there, and grabs the diagnostic tool to chek out my problem.  As we are walking over he points out that maybe my CEL is the result of driving along with my gas cap dangling in the wind....sure enough, that's the cause of my CEL.  While it was good to bump into Zach and talk about the trip we are planning, I would have much preferred to slink away without having someone I know give me the "good" news LOL.

chargerlover

lol. happens to the best of us. one small thing you stopped at your local friendly grandblanc Autozone....... advanced auto is a curse word to us lol. if anyone needs anything im a ASE cert. as well as 3 others in my store. i know some people give up on parts stores cuz of the idiots they hire. and i would like to try an make this trip its on my b-day so that would be sweet. takin a mini vacation next week tho so im hoping i can take this day off to. how may are goin?

Paul Hittie

Oops looks like I stepped on it x2 yesterday.  

Looks like 6-7 so far.

Planning to swing through the Mt Morris rest stop to get Mark around 8:30-ish

chargerlover

ok ill know by thursday if i can go or not. if i can ill meet at the rest stop also

LPM606

We may not make this run after all.  Looks like we are going to spend the night in grand rapids so I'm not sure if the timing will work to meet you all up there...

chargerlover

are you all planning on going if thir is no snow. gana be 47 an ranning up their this week

Paul Hittie

This will be my last day off until Easter, so yes.  After all a bad day in the woods is always better than a good day at work.

gogolen

Any room for a couple more?

Paul Hittie

Yup - I sent you an e-mail with our "itinerary"