R&V's on the 19th

Started by LPM606, March 21, 2016, 07:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

We had 6 rigs playing up at Rocks & Valleys Saturday.  I didn't get too many pics, but I know Jeremy's wife was snapping away, so she may have a few to add...

LPM606

Oh, and for those that were there and heard the awful sounds coming front my front end, we found the culprit... Center pin on my Spartan locker was broke in 3 pieces and was sliding out and hitting the pinion gear... NOT GOOD!  I don't think I did anything here to break that pin, may have happened a while ago and just finally worked its way out... not sure...

naypalm

Damn Ed, that last pic makes me cringe. :o Glad you made it home okay.

alan6271

Nice pics.  Thanks for taking them.  Sorry about your locker.  Good thing I didn't "yank you" off those logs or I would have felt bad thinking I broke the locker. :P
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

bullhed78

I have a song running through my head and it goes something like this... Unz, Unz, Unz, and another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust. Isn't this Spartan locker number 2 in our club that broke the center pin?

OzzysCJ

LPM606

Quote from: bullhed78 on March 21, 2016, 10:18:57 PM
I have a song running through my head and it goes something like this... Unz, Unz, Unz, and another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust. Isn't this Spartan locker number 2 in our club that broke the center pin?

Yes, the center pin on Marks went last year.  Oddly, I wheeled my Spartan for like 4 years with no issue and did a rebuild 2 years ago as the center pin was getting little worn flat spots, but this was the new pin - replaced Summer of 2014 that gave up the ghost.  We actually put my old pin back in as a temporary solution.  May be time to upgrade to another elocker in the front there...

Ken

Did you replace the ring and pinion?
Ken

2014 Copper Head Jeep JK Willys Wheeler with 3 inch lift, Front E-locker, Rear Limited Slip.
Warn Wench and Bumpers. 315 tires.

LPM606

Quote from: PLCPROG on March 22, 2016, 05:59:31 PM

Not yet, the very front of the pinion gear is chewed up, but the ring gear is still getting pretty good contact with the pinion so we buttoned it back up for now, hoping to get through PA as is and then figure out a new locker and replace the ring & Pinion at the same time...

zaqs_dad

Quote from: LPM606 on March 23, 2016, 07:51:56 AM
Quote from: PLCPROG on March 22, 2016, 05:59:31 PM

Not yet, the very front of the pinion gear is chewed up, but the ring gear is still getting pretty good contact with the pinion so we buttoned it back up for now, hoping to get through PA as is and then figure out a new locker and replace the ring & Pinion at the same time...
Wait a day or three if you can; I might be able to get you a brand new set.. 4.88?

zaqs_dad