Newbie from Imlay City

Started by Jack M, March 16, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack M

Hello Everybody!

My name is Jack and I'm from Imlay City and work in Flint at a suspension shop. I honestly can't remember how I found this group, but I'm glad I did. I purchased a 2012 JKU Sahara back in December and am slowly building it up. My end goal is to build it into an overlanding rig. I'm a member of quite a few FB groups but nobody seems to be very active in this area. I'm looking forward to meeting members from here and becoming an active member of the community!

astrogiblet

Hey Jack! Welcome to our forums!

Brandon

welderman85

Hi Jack and welcome.  Look forward to meeting you.

Ken

Come to one of our meetings, you may want to join.  We have trips planned to Ky, Tn, and In Michigan.
When: Apr. 8th 2018 @ 6PM
Where:
Elwood's Restaurant and Pub (old Bubba O'Mallies)
1076 Belsay Rd, Burton, MI 48509
Why: Talk about past events, Jeeps, tech, mods, wrench-fests, etc.
Come early at 5 PM to meet-n-greet, grab a bite to eat and talk to a great group of off-road enthusiasts!
Ken

2014 Copper Head Jeep JK Willys Wheeler with 3 inch lift, Front E-locker, Rear Limited Slip.
Warn Wench and Bumpers. 315 tires.

Jack M

Ken, I plan on making it to the meeting. Thanks for posting the details.

My wife and I travel to TN a few times a year for hiking and now to go trail riding so that works perfectly.

Looking forward to seeing everybody on the 8th!

Hopefully I'll have my new wheels/tires soon so that I can get this installed... Just Empty Every Pocket is all too real.

astrogiblet

Quote from: Jack M on March 16, 2018, 11:40:45 AM
Ken, I plan on making it to the meeting. Thanks for posting the details.

My wife and I travel to TN a few times a year for hiking and now to go trail riding so that works perfectly.

Looking forward to seeing everybody on the 8th!

Hopefully I'll have my new wheels/tires soon so that I can get this installed... Just Empty Every Pocket is all too real.

You have good taste! Which Falcons did you end up going with?

Jack M

Well, I ordered the 3.1s but Teraflex decided to dropship the 3.3s. I decided to go the honest route and let them know. I work in e-commerce so I anticipated their response and like I assumed they said to keep them as they didn't want to deal with return shipping and then shipping out the correct new set.

Needless to say, they've earned my loyalty.

astrogiblet

Quote from: Jack M on March 16, 2018, 01:16:07 PM
Well, I ordered the 3.1s but Teraflex decided to dropship the 3.3s. I decided to go the honest route and let them know. I work in e-commerce so I anticipated their response and like I assumed they said to keep them as they didn't want to deal with return shipping and then shipping out the correct new set.

Needless to say, they've earned my loyalty.

Wow that's awesome! That's about $400 worth of free upgrade.

LPM606

Hi Jack!  Welcome to our little corner of the internet... We have at least one thing on the calendar every month to get outdoors with your Jeep and your Family so you should fit right in!  I look forward to meeting you at the April meeting but feel free to PM an questions you might have...

Ed

Jack M

Yeah, it was a very nice surprise Astrogiblet.

Thanks for the welcome Ed and I'll be sure to hit you up if I have any questions.