St. Helen trail run April 19th

Started by Mudviper, February 25, 2008, 07:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudviper

Just throwing this out there for now since it is quite tenative at this point. I am going up to St Helen to play around on the trails in that area the weekend of April 19th. Been about 15 years since I have been there and nothing else seems to be going on at the moment. Not sure if I will be staying all weekend or not, but anyone that wants to come along you are more then welcome.

Yager

Pretty long drive, are the trails worth the haul?
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Nosilla

Yes yager they are fun around there.

Mudviper

Not that long of a drive, just  1 1/2 hour drive. Can make a day trip out of it.

94_xj_country

i might join you for that
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Paul Hittie

If you end up going a different day I'd be up for it - we will be at Silver Lake that weekend.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Yager

Ah, but you fail to realize it's an hour and 10 minutes from me to you, in the opposite direction. I'd jump on board for that, if it's not just open to members, but I just checked my fire academy schedules and that's my final exam day. I'd love to go wheeling instead, but I want to get this over with.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Mudviper

Quote from: "phittie1100"If you end up going a different day I'd be up for it - we will be at Silver Lake that weekend.

I didn't see any post of anyone going up to Silver Lake otherwise I would have picked a differnet date. It is still a while away and might change it. To much web wheeling going on so I want to get something going.

ouchman

Quote from: "Mudviper"
Quote from: "phittie1100"If you end up going a different day I'd be up for it - we will be at Silver Lake that weekend.

I didn't see any post of anyone going up to Silver Lake otherwise I would have picked a differnet date. It is still a while away and might change it. To much web wheeling going on so I want to get something going.

GLFWDA quarterly
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Paul Hittie

Yes - GLFWDA quarterly & HMNF clean up.  I won't be doing the forest clean-up this year though.  Jonathon has missed 2 Cub Scout outings because of my meetings this year, and he asked if we could go wheelin' and fishin' that weekend instead of workin'.  I told him we could work something out!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Mudviper

Just bumping this to tell everyone who is interested that I still plan on going up that weekend. This could be used as a test and tune if anyone has done any modifications to your Jeep. Basically that is what I am doing in addition to learning the trail system up there since it has been about 15 years since I have been there last.

Mudviper

Temporary run agenda:

This is what I have planned in my head at the moment. Anyone that is planning on coming along from the southern part of the state can meet me at the Standish rest stop, which is the first rest stop on I-75 just past Bay City, between 8:30 and 9:30 in the morning. Will be leaving the rest area at 9:30 and head to St. Helen.

Once we get into St. Helen I would like a second meeting place for everyone to meet somewhere easy to find in town. I am not familar with the town of St. Helen, so if somone can suggest a meeting spot were people from the west side of the state and east side can meet I would appriceate it. We should meet there between 10:00 and 10:30.

At 10:30, If it is alright with Jsawduste, he can lead us to his cabin where we can either unload our vehicles, air down, or do anything else they need to do before hitting the trails or for anyone who missed the first to meet and greet spots could meet there and to have a brief drivers meeting.

I would like to be on the trail by 11:30. As the trail ride goes, I would like to hit the scamble area first and play around there for a bit, then head off into the trails. After running the trails and timing, we could meet back at the scramble area of one last play.

As for lunch. I plan on having lunch on the trail, so prepare for that as of right now.

This is really an informal trail ride, so if you have something you would like to do or a trail you would like to run, feel free to speak up and don't worry if you want to break off and head off on your own. I am mainly going to learn the trails and do some test and tuning on the XJ.

I do not know at this moment if I will be staying up there Saturday night and doing some runs on Sunday. I guess that will depend on everyones input Saturday night. And if there is an affordable place to stay, that would be great. Would love to camp, but think it is a bit to cold out right now for that and the ground to wet.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to speak up.

jeepsR4Girls

Sorry Steve we won't be able to make this one, we will be in New York.  It sounds fun though and I hope you have a great time up there.

Mudviper

Last update here. Still plan on going. There will be a few members form ORJ and MW coming along and meeting me up there to run the trails also.

Once again I will be meeting people at the Standish rest area on I-75 between 8:30 and 9:30. Will be back on the road at 9:30 to meet the rest of the group in St Helen. If you like to come along that would be great. Also if you are running late and can't make it to the first meeting at 9:30 my cell number is 810-210-6177.